D&D 3E/3.5 How has the 4e announcement helped your 3.5 stash?

Pretty much every gaming store in my area has all their 3.5 books for 30-50% off of retail and most have been doing that since February or March. I've picked up a few books on the cheap and plan to scour the stores here over the next couple of weeks to see if anything has changed regarding sale prices.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I've picked up considerable amounts of stuff at a discount since the announcement. I've focused on 3rd party materials that will probably become rare in the near future before the price spikes.

Khairn

First Post
Recently I picked up all 4 of the Accordlands books for $25. This was one of the few 3E settings that I hadn't had a chance of getting earlier.

I expect the prices to go really low as we get closer to early June. The coming of 4E has been a real boon to my gaming collection.

Voadam

Legend
I got my brother 6 Eberron books (he had just the Campaign Setting before that) for his birthday from used sellers on Amazon. Selling for $.01 each plus $3.99 S&H.

I only buy pdfs for myself now so I'm not sure if any of the sales I've taken advantage of have been 4e related (none said so explicitly that I could tell). The Sword and Sorcery ones might have been, with all their Scarred Lands ones going for $5 or $10. I've gotten about 8 from that line since they reduced their prices.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Voadam said:
I got my brother 6 Eberron books (he had just the Campaign Setting before that) for his birthday from used sellers on Amazon. Selling for $.01 each plus $3.99 S&H.

Damn!

Very sweet. :cool:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
D20dwarf and I bought all of the Green Ronin books we were missing at some crazy rock bottom prices. And we picked up a bunch of DCCs at 50% off from the FLGS. I think the only thing we (ok, I) want before we consider our 3.X collection complete is Castle Whiterock.

After that I don't expect to buy any more game books for a long time, or maybe forever. But d20dwarf loves bargains, so I'm sure he'll be picking up ratty crap neither of us really wants or needs for the rest of our lives. :D :p

Me, I'm going to devote my gaming dollars to minis, accessories and terrain building supplies.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Devyn said:
Recently I picked up all 4 of the Accordlands books for $25. This was one of the few 3E settings that I hadn't had a chance of getting earlier.

I just did the same. I mean it was really a no-brainer at that price, and I think there's still a lot of setting material that could be used with 4E, or I would use most of the material with Pathfinder.

I expect the prices to go really low as we get closer to early June. The coming of 4E has been a real boon to my gaming collection.

I already own most of the stuff that interested me throughout 3rd edition, which is why I have two bookshelves (one of them as tall as me and double the width of the other that are jam packed with D&D 3E and D20 material. The only thing I'm really keeping an eye out for a good bargain on are Monster Manuals IV and V.

Remove ads