• COMING SOON! -- Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

D&D General "HOW I RUN IT" - I made a D&D 'zine! (Issue #4: A MYRIAD OF MAGICAL ITEMS now available!)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
The final issue of HOW I RUN IT for 2021 (maybe ever?) is now available in limited quantities and is a little bit of a departure from the previous issues which "remixed" a classic module (a handful of which are still available). This one details 22 magical items that I have created for (and made use of in) D&D campaigns from 1993 to 2021 (and some of which might be familiar to readers of my story hours) and some quick n' dirty making magical items guidelines. It also includes a peek into designing/converting the items and the campaigns they were used for.

Issues are four bucks (including shipping) for anywhere in the U.S. (for Canada, please throw in an extra buck - unfortunately, I cannot offer them elsewhere unless you are willing to pay for shipping - DM me). You can hit me up on paypal or ko-fi (be sure to including mailing address in the note) or order one from my Etsy store (for a dollar more)

241737152_342047470948170_2616713658899639074_n.jpg

The items detailed within include:
  • Ront-Keelar
  • Swatter
  • Jaylo’s Folding Boat
  • The Southern Razor
  • The Left Blade of Arofel
  • The Right Blade of Arofel
  • The Urn of Osiris
  • Axe of the Ancient Bond
  • Elzid Natholin’s Book of Notes & Spells
  • Frojack’s Belt
  • The Steel Whip
  • The Badge
  • The Collector’s Box
  • The Ruby Shield
  • Ring of Protection +1
  • Aserin’s Sapphire
  • Horn Blade—Dagger
  • The First Key
  • The Sanguine Stone
  • Yossel’s Quickling Killing Boots
  • Wayfarer’s Prayer Rug
  • System Shock
  • Lacan’s Demise

Last edited:

CharlesWallace

Explorer
The final issue of HOW I RUN IT for 2021 (maybe ever?) is now available in limited quantities and is a little bit of a departure from the previous issues which "remixed" a classic module (a handful of which are still available). This one is details 22 magical items that I have created for and made use of in D&D campaigns from 1993 to 2021 (and some of which might be familiar to readers of my story hours) and some quick n' dirty making magical items guidelines. It also includes a peek into designing/converting the items and the campaigns they were used for.

Issues are four bucks (including shipping) for anywhere in the U.S. (for Canada, please throw in an extra buck - unfortunately, I cannot offer them elsewhere unless you are willing to pay for shipping - DM me). You can hit me up on paypal or ko-fi (be sure to including mailing address in the note) or order one from my Etsy store (for a dollar more)

View attachment 143602

The items detailed within include:
  • Ront-Keelar
  • Swatter
  • Jaylo’s Folding Boat
  • The Southern Razor
  • The Left Blade of Arofel
  • The Right Blade of Arofel
  • The Urn of Osiris
  • Axe of the Ancient Bond
  • Elzid Natholin’s Book of Notes & Spells
  • Frojack’s Belt
  • The Steel Whip
  • The Badge
  • The Collector’s Box
  • The Ruby Shield
  • Ring of Protection +1
  • Aserin’s Sapphire
  • Horn Blade—Dagger
  • The First Key
  • The Sanguine Stone
  • Yossel’s Quickling Killing Boots
  • Wayfarer’s Prayer Rug
  • System Shock
  • Lacan’s Demise
Sweet! Ordered! :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Just giving this a bump since I posted about the latest issue being available over the weekend, plus I wanted to share a little sneak peak:

First, one of the simpler magical weapons in the zine, the Southern Razor:
241993752_833123360700671_4808523294245859091_n.jpg

and secondly, I included little glimpses into the campaigns in which these items appeared/were used, like the "Out of the Frying Pan" campaign (which some of you might be familiar with from the story hour):

241757886_268097954984714_7821444820016624250_n.jpg

Links for how to order this issue (or the previous ones) are found in the posts above.

CharlesWallace

Explorer
I’m reading issue #4 while listening to the rain outside. It’s perfect accompaniment. I love the details about the various campaigns through the years and D&D editions. I miss zines, and it’s great to have one in physical form.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I’m reading issue #4 while listening to the rain outside. It’s perfect accompaniment. I love the details about the various campaigns through the years and D&D editions. I miss zines, and it’s great to have one in physical form.

That's so awesome! Please share if you have any particular faves.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4