• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How I wished virtual tabletop programs for D&D/PF would look and work: Card Hunter

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I'm a daily watcher of the YouTube episodes made by Total Biscuit (everything except Terraria that is). And today he showed the footage and comments he took at PAX 2012 for the game called 'Card Hunter': [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdW8dGEEWfA&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ]? WTF Is... - Card Hunter [Direct Feed] (PAX Edition) ? - YouTube[/ame]

And while the game itself looks like a lot of fun all by itself, the first thing I thought about how cool it would be if this could be reworked as a virtual tabletop application for D&D and Pathfinder (and many other similar games). The art style is simple yet effective, funny and scarry. No complex, photo realistic 3D models needed. A base size and a front/back illustration is all that's needed for a new monster model.

And you know what else is cool, Piratecat is/was working on this game.

Card%2BHunter.jpg

note: While this is about D&D, Pathfinder and computer games/applications, it doesn't fit in any of those subforums. Thus I placed it in Tabletop Gaming, if there is a better place, please let me know.

Remove ads