D&D 5E How Important is Stranger Things to the Success of 5e

How important is Stranger Things to the meteroric success of 5e?

• 1. Stranger Things is the most important factor to 5e's success.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 2. Stranger Things is one of the important factors to 5e's success.

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • 3. Stranger Things has had a minor, but positive, impact on 5e's success.

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • 4. Stranger Things has had little or no impact on 5e's success.

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • 5. The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning.

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Poll closed .

GuyBoy

Hero
My grandkids (12 and 9) got into D&D directly due to Stranger Things; I’m running them through Lost Mines of Phandelver, and the 12 year old wants the rulebooks for his birthday in October.
In vaguely related and slightly whimsical news, the ivy on my garden fence has grown from a cutting from the ivy on Kate Bush’s garden fence, but that’s a long story....and one that involves grandfather clocks!

GuyBoy

Hero
1. You have to tell the story.

2. True Fact- At least 138% of Kate Bush stories involve whimsy.
OK, short version;
My next door neighbor fixes old grandfather clocks for a living. I don’t know how many people in the UK do this job, but it’s not many! He gets a call to fix an expensive grandfather clock at a very large house in South London.
The owner of the clock (and the house) was Kate Bush.
Whilst fixing the clock, he talked to her about her lovely garden, including a wonderful ivy.
She offered him a cutting of said ivy, which he took and planted on his side of the fence. Several years on the ivy has successfully run up that fence with no problem, and now covers both sides. Beautifully.

And for a bit more Kate Bush whimsy, I always thought it a fun fact that Kate Bush and Emily Bronte had the same birthday, one sang and one wrote Wuthering Heights. My uncle Dave also shared the same birthday but he had nothing to do with Wuthering Heights. Or ivy.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
OK, short version;
My next door neighbor fixes old grandfather clocks for a living. I don’t know how many people in the UK do this job, but it’s not many! He gets a call to fix an expensive grandfather clock at a very large house in South London.
The owner of the clock (and the house) was Kate Bush.
Whilst fixing the clock, he talked to her about her lovely garden, including a wonderful ivy.
She offered him a cutting of said ivy, which he took and planted on his side of the fence. Several years on the ivy has successfully run up that fence with no problem, and now covers both sides. Beautifully.

And for a bit more Kate Bush whimsy, I always thought it a fun fact that Kate Bush and Emily Bronte had the same birthday, one sang and one wrote Wuthering Heights. My uncle Dave also shared the same birthday but he had nothing to do with Wuthering Heights. Or ivy.

You tell your Uncle Dave that he has some 'splainin' to do.

...or maybe Uncle Dave is really the assumed name of Phillip Tromeur, and "Uncle Dave" has been secretly writing Wuthering Heights roleplaying games this entire time. Quelle surprise!

Remove ads