Pathfinder 2E How is Pathfinder doing?

Ixal

Hero
With PF2 kicking butt, I wonder if SF will get a new paintjob at some point? Not sure, I don't like mixing fantasy and sci-fi so I never played it.
They already did sort of a new paint job with the drift crisis AP which rewrote how the FTL works and gave the people maps of the galaxy which was not possible before as all points could be reached in the same amount of time (Something a lot of people had problems wrapping their heads around, including some designer).

Still, I didn't see that this change created all that much hype apart from the hardcore fans of SF.

Thomas Shey

Legend
It probably didn't hurt that the mechanical differences from PF1e were enough to annoy the fans of the former in many cases, while not embracing change enough to make the kind of people who like 2e happy. There were some, to be blunt, really half-assed decisions in parts of that design.

GreyLord

Legend
With PF2 kicking butt, I wonder if SF will get a new paintjob at some point? Not sure, I don't like mixing fantasy and sci-fi so I never played it.

I was under the impression that SF was also doing well.

WE actually play SF more than PF2e TBH. It has been a while since we've played SF (only so much time, and still running my PF1e game I started a while back), but I expect we will get to it again sooner or later.

Green Onceler

Explorer
Starfinder on the other hand appears to be pretty dead...

I was pretty excited when I first got the Starfinder Core Rulebook. However, I feel the adventures/setting were always weak. Thus, I never feel compelled to play it. Having said that, I am running Into the Unknown this weekend, as one of our players really wants to try the system.

The perceived weakness of the adventures/setting in PF2, I believe, is also what is holding a number of potential players back from that system.

Ixal

Hero
I was under the impression that SF was also doing well.

WE actually play SF more than PF2e TBH. It has been a while since we've played SF (only so much time, and still running my PF1e game I started a while back), but I expect we will get to it again sooner or later.
I do not have numbers, just a gut feeling. But the lower release schedule, the switch to 3 part APs instead of 6 and several more prominent people leaving the SF team doesn't look good to me.

Remove ads