D&D 5E How long is your average session?

How long is your average D&D session?

• 3 hours

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • 6 or more hours

Votes: 19 12.6%

Langy

Explorer
4-5 hours; our scheduled start time is 5 PM and scheduled end time is 10 PM, but we don't usually start promptly or end exactly at 10.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Usually play in the evening, 7pm to 10:30ish.

Back in college we used to play either all day (7-10 hours) or marathon until wee hours of the morning (12-14+). It would be hard to capture the differences between those on the poll.

AngryTiger

Explorer
I rarely have time or interest to run games these days, so when i do run games, they tend to be 12-14 hour marathon sessions, starting after we are done with breakfast and finishing when we are too tired to keep playing(with dinner and bathroom breaks between). If i still have stuff prepped when we are done for the day we continue next day with another session until i run out of material, and continue the campaign when i can be bothered to prep more stuff(couple months to a year).

Draegn

Explorer
The entire group usually starts after lunch and end before dinner. Before and after this we might have smaller "split the party" side adventures. My group consists of four magicians, an elementalist, two thieves, a druid, a ranger and a paladin.

Mercule

Adventurer
We block off 4 hours. Officially, that's a 30 minute "warm up" and chatter period and a 3.5 hour play period. Sometimes the chatter runs long. Sometimes the play runs late. I don't allow either to run more than 30 minutes extra, though.

Remove ads