How many d20s do you own?

Argyle King

Legend
It has to be in the high double digits if not actually over 100.

Part of that is that- inspired by one Mr. Alan Hench- I keep buckets of dice on hand for those who forget theirs. But generally speaking, that's just a symptom!

Disease #1: I'm a collector by nature.

Disease #2: I tend to buy a new set of dice every time I feel particularly inspired by a character.

Similar story here, but my dice are in a fish bowl.

I probably have more d10s than d20s though. As others have mentioned, sets usually come with 2d10. Also, (as others have said) it's easier to find tubes/sets of d10s than d20s. If I had to guess, I probably have more d6s than anything else as they're the most commonly available type of dice, and also because I play both GURPS and Dragon Age; both games use only d6s.

Orius

Legend
I have 8. All from dice sets, 2 from the Basic box I started with and a set of official AD&D dice, 1 from a set of dice that just had a d4, d8, d10, d12, and d20, and 5 sets of Chessex dice.

I have a pitifully small dice collection.

Jhaelen

First Post
About 15, I'd say. I have six complete sets of differently coloured polyhedral dice and plenty of single d20 that came with various 'beginner sets' or board games.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I have four that I use on a regular basis. I think I probably have a few more that were promos or came with another product, but they're buried somewhere.

Of course if I were really excited about a game that used lots of d20s, I'd probably be okay springing for more.

Janx

Hero
in my dice bag: one.

I only carry one complete set in my dice bag.

Grand total in my collection: six
replacement red gem for the original that betrayed me
cheap yellow gem from a D&D board game
giant purple of critical slaying
mega giant red spin-down
steel from Iron Hereoes Battle Box
purple funky shape from when those were in style

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Somewhere between 10 and 20. Though the one most often used is the Eternity Shard d20 from the original TORG set. And this is after 25 years of use...

Ketherian

Explorer
... I could get an idea of how many d20s people tend to own.
If you don't feel like counting, the main thing I'm looking for is more than 10 or less than 10. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

I'd say more than 10.
Way. More. Than 10.

MyDiceProblem.png

Dice problem? No thanks. Already have one.
(And yes. I keep my dice in a crown royal box.)

tarrant12

First Post
When I first read this I thought "I probably have a handful"... after a quick glance about and digging through a box or two I probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases