• 400-500

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 1000+

Votes: 3 2.5%

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I may have had over 50 throughout my gaming life of 25 years but my current dice count is around 30. Just a few of each type with some extra six-siders thrown in there. :)

adndgamer

First Post
Mark said:
I may have had over 50 throughout my gaming life of 25 years but my current dice count is around 30. Just a few of each type with some extra six-siders thrown in there. :)

I'm impressed. Somehow you haven't succumbed to the itching to buy millions of dice. How do you do it?

Like when you're at the gamign store, and you see the big things of dice... just sitting there... just begging for you to buy them. They're like "buy me! buuuuuuyyyyy mmeeeeeeeeeee!" and so you're like "okay." and so you buy them.. And then you go home, and your girlfriend finds out that you've bought more dice, and she's all like, "God damnit! I thought I told you to quit wasting money on dice!" And you try to explain to her that the dice have evil magical powers that force you to buy them but she won't listen...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
adndgamer said:
I'm impressed. Somehow you haven't succumbed to the itching to buy millions of dice. How do you do it?

I have a nice collection of unpainted miniatures, if that makes you feel a little better... :D

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I did not count, but I easily have more than 500 dice. I would say about 25-35% are 6-siders of one kind or another. I buy dice wherever I go if they "appeal" to me.

I have never been able to understand how or why some dice appeal to me and others do not. For instance, I really like the new 4-sided rectangular dice as opposed to the pyramid style. Why? Who knows? I just had to buy as much of them as possible. I have a set of red ones for burning hands, green and blue for magic missiles, and black ones for all those d4 variables in spells like sleep, bull's strength, etc. And yet, the same style of dice for 6's, 8's, etc. do not appeal to me at all.

drothgery

First Post
Just barely squeeked in under 50; I've got 45. I've only bought 20 or so, though; most of them I inherited from when my brothers stopped gaming.

Lothaire

First Post
I'd say I have about 80 roleplaying dice, 25 of which are d10s (I play most WoD games). I have about 30 wargaming dice. And I probably have 50 or so d6s between various board games. So all told thats about 160.

I would have close to the 300 mark, but I lose dice through attrition, and I use them as gifts for new players.

I still play with my very first set of dice I bought. Course I am now missing a d10 and d6 :(

I still get sad everytime I bust out the dice and notice the MIA dice. I have newer as well, I just seem to always lean back to my old faithful ones!

Remove ads