How many dice does a Pound O' Dice have?

frankthedm

First Post
Years ago I had bad luck with the pound o dice i bought, got nearly no D20s and most dice were of unreadable colours patterns Chessex had overstock of. I remember a full set of a colour best described as Black numbers over puke.

Buy a few plain sets of easy to read dice. Skip the fancy stuff until you see them in person and know if they'll be your "Lucky Dice"

LOL!!! HAHA!!!

But thanks. I'm looking to buy some soon, since I saw them at a local game store for $26. However, I'd like to turn this into a kind of poll, to try to see what the average number of dice in a pound is.

frankthedm

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
You're sure that wasn't puce? :confused:
Oh I am sure.
I google the name my gaming group called them and found a set.
attachment.php

Hey, chessex web page have some decent dice cheap...
http://www.chessex.com/Specials/Specials.htm
25400-D Opaque “Old” Ivory 7 Die Set $2.00

Attachments

• Dice%20Puke.jpg
    Dice%20Puke.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 581

YAY!!! I got my Pound O' Dice! This is how it turned out:

d4 - 4
d6 - 26
d8 - 8
d10 - 18
d12 - 8
d20 - 23
d100 - 3

Apart from this, I got the 7-piece set. This makes a total of 97 dice. I already had six from an old game, so I now hav 103 dice.

Some of the dice were really nice, but I also got a couple of the black-over-puke kind. Except the numbers weren't black, they were gold.

diaglo

Adventurer
i've bought over 60 lbs of dice via the lb of dice method. it avgs around 101 dice with a standard deviation of 3.28

What do you do with all those dice, inquiring minds want to know?

I've got about half a dozen sets plus a good handful of "non-setted" dice, and I've already got more dice than I know what to do with.

Remove ads