DMs Guild How Many DMs Guild Products Have You Bought?

Number of Guild Products Purchased

• 16+

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • 0 - Nothing has caught my eye yet

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • 0 - I only buy Official/ WotC products

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 0 - I don't buy digital books

Votes: 4 4.8%

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I haven't BOUGHT anything yet, but I got everything that was available for free :). Once I see a good amount of reviews on there, I'll be more inclined to spend money.

Miladoon

First Post
I waited for a new OGL before I purchased 5E 3PP stuff. But now that DMsG is here, I would rather sink my money into that than buy into a kickstarter focused company.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I waited for a new OGL before I purchased 5E 3PP stuff. But now that DMsG is here, I would rather sink my money into that than buy into a kickstarter focused company.

Out of curiously, why? A dislike of Kickstarter as a platform?

Miladoon

First Post
Kickstarting is a great idea, but I feel disconnected from 3PP that constantly crowd source. DMsG feels like supporting my crib. These guys seem in it for D&D. I can see their product, rate it, return to it and pay more if I feel it deserves it, and even get the already paid for updates once they get published.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
DMsG feels like supporting my crib. These guys seem in it for D&D.

When the largest RPG company on the planet and the largest RPG online store in the world join forces and make you feel that using their storefront is the indie option, that needs some applause!

+1 win for WotC's marketing! :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Haven't bought anything because I really only buy the WotC stuff. Never bought a single 3PP during the 3E era either.

I have downloaded several different subclasses that the Unearthed Arcana subreddit have posted just for curiosity's sake (as well as Mercer's two items), but that all happened prior to the DMGU even appearing. I also don't expect to ever use any of that stuff despite downloading it.

The WotC products always have plenty enough options in it for me because I don't play many varied campaigns but rather play the same couple ones for long periods of time (thus not requiring more options.)

Miladoon

First Post
When the largest RPG company on the planet and the largest RPG online store in the world join forces and make you feel that using their storefront is the indie option, that needs some applause!

+1 win for WotC's marketing! :)

I wouldn't go that far but yeah, I am a fan. I still look at non-DMsG stuff but I prefer not to buy promises and a T-Shirt. And besides, D&D does not revolve around FR.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wouldn't go that far but yeah, I am a fan. I still look at non-DMsG stuff but I prefer not to buy promises and a T-Shirt. And besides, D&D does not revolve around FR.

That's fair enough. Kickstarter certainly has its risks. Though a lot of Kickstarter-funded stuff becomes available later so you can buy it directly, and can be great quality (as it should be given the budgets some of these crowdfunded things raise!)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Yea, I voted "0 - nothing has caught my eye yet", but it's really "just waiting for the cream to rise to the top".

Curmudjinn

Explorer
I'm also waiting a bit before I really dig in, however a big turnoff for me is lack of playtesting in the presented material. It seems nearly everything released is based on mechanic over narrative, and for me, that must be playtested.
Narrative/fluff releases? I'm in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases