D&D 4E How many people ACTUALLY have the final say on the final 4E product?

Navior

First Post
Before they can decide who has final say on the final 4E product, they have to decide what the final product will be. This will depend a lot on when they decide to release 5E. I believe, at the moment, they're considering either PHB IV or PHB V as the final 4E product. ;)

Okay, I'll run along now.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
If you look at the answer vague enough, we, the consumer have the final say. It doesn't matter how good the people who make the game thinks it is, its us. If none of us buy 4th ed, I'm sure they'll know they screwed somthing up.

I mean look at 3.5 its creation was based on consumer displeasure.

*sniff, sniff* I smell 4.5

Voss

First Post
Emirikol said:
So we don't "really" know who's in charge of this whole process at all then? Is it a committee of ghosts?

jh

Or we just don't know WotC's exact corporate structure, or who precisely has responsibility for what.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Emirikol said:
So does Kim Mohan or Scott Rouse have final say in the product?

Final say is probably Bill Slavicsek.

Scott is the Brand Manager, so he definitely has an input into the final product, but I'm pretty sure that it's Bill's call as to how everything goes in the end.

Cheers!

Glyfair

Explorer
Keefe the Thief said:
Yeah, i could totally see it:

"Mr. Verrecchia, there is a Memo from WotC - they ask if you approve about the way Brenching works in 4e."

"Whut?"

:lol:
On the other hand, if he comes to WotC and says "My daughter wants a pink furry creature as a player race. Do it!" then I think it would get done.

Pramas

Explorer
Well, the buck ultimately stops with WotC's CEO, Loren Greenwood, but it's extremely unlikely he'd have anything to do with reviewing the rules or suchlike. I believe the head of R&D is still Bill Rose, but he comes from the TCG side of things. That being the case the guy you are asking about is most likely Rose's subordinate, Bill Slavicsek.

Remove ads