How many players/characters in your campaign

Ziggy

First Post
My current campaigns:

1 GM 6 players 6 characters (I'm the GM)
1 GM 5 players 5 characters
1 GM 5 players 5 characters
1 GM 6 players 6 characters

We play alot in each others campaigns, all-in-all there are only 10 persons in all these campaigns.

.Ziggy

Carnifex

First Post
8 players in my current campaign, but it's an onlien one, play by message board, so its easier to handle larger numbers of players - around a table things can get a bit out of control with so many; it's hard to include them all into the game all the time, so they tend to get distracted.

In my last face-to-face game, we had 6 players. Worked out fine IMO.

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
I currently have 4 players in my campaign and also play in a group of 6 and would say I prefer this number, 6 is a nice number of players..
There was time when I had 12 players in the group, one of the players just kept inviting all and sundry to come along for a game, and that really got out of hand.. ahd to put a stop to it and lost a few players through natural selection.. ;)

Ferox4

First Post
5 players/ 7 characters/ DM (myself). Two of the veteran players in my group play 2 PCs. We used to play with 5p/6c and I think I liked it a bit better because it was that much easier to keep players' attention, keep the pace going, and role-play. I, too, thought that 4 characters was on the low side of average party size. Reading through these posts I find that it's pretty much on target.

Tom Cashel

First Post
My current game is:
DM (me), 5 players, 6 characters

We do too much role-playing (in-character interaction) for anyone to play more than one character...plus I run an ongoing NPC, the cousin of one of the PCs.

Ruined

Explorer
I currently run two campaigns:

1 for 5 players
1 for 4 players

Even though I'm fortunate to have a wealth of great players to choose from, I draw the line around five or six PCs. My games tend to split the characters up some and allow them to grow as individuals as well as groups, and that can get time-consuming for players not involved. I like five players, but it has that weird dynamic: 2 go this way, 2 go that way, and this one guy is always a loner, not always by choice.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
Here are the games that I am currently running and/or playing in, listed roughly by my level of interest/enjoyment...

Game One 3e D&D Greyhawk
1 DM, 7 players (9 characters (including one cohort and one DMPC))
It's really playing much more smoothly now that we have lost 2 players...

Game Two Ars Magica
1 SG, 4 players (5 Magi, 4 Cohorts, 15 Grogs and a handful of Covenfolk)

Game Three BESM Superhero campaign
1 GM, 5 players (5 characters)

Game Four Shadowrun
1 GM, 3 players (three characters)

James McMurray

First Post
In my campaign, there are 3 players, and 4 characters. I play a DMPC sorceror, giving the group magical support they would otherwise lack. Prior to the sorceror, I played a fighter, as at its inception, the game was very fighter-light (now we've got a cleric, a rogue, and a paladin).

Remove ads