• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Much Money?

JoeGKushner

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
Do they take credit cards in the hall?

I wouldn't count on it.

Not all the vendors take credit to begin with.

And EVERY year I've gone, at least one vendor claimed to have a problem with his machine.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Nightfall said:
If you're unsure about spending that much money on a city product, Bard's Gate by Necromancer Games offers near similiar feel for less money. But I will admit, having Erik Mona say "It's damn good" makes me change my mind somewhat.

Honestly, nothing out there really fits for Violet Dawn unless its a generic supplement like Player's Handbook 2 or Unearthed Arcana. Mostly I just buy stuff for inspiration as what I run ends up getting compiled into a future Inner Circle product. City Supplements in general just don't work for me. Especially now since I'm running Broken Isles which is little more than scattered barbarian villages...

JoeGKushner said:
$40 for Dice (I want a set of those metal dice. The Iron Heroes boxed set's chrome d20 spoiled me.)

I want a set of those too. They look sweet!

shaylon

First Post
Not sure.

Food will be expensive, because it always is! I have Ptolus preordered so there is no money there.

I thought about RAR but I doubt I will use it, same for the Goodman Games setting. So even though they both look very cool I probably won't be buying them, at least not at GenCon.

So it might be a light spending GenCon, although I always renew Dragon/Dungeon and I plan on getting Green Ronin's Deck of Many Things!

-Shay

Shemeska

Adventurer
Food will probably be my biggest expense, but I can't say that I have anything that's absolutely on my 'to buy' list. Though this year I'm working full time, as opposed to last year when I was still a starving grad student, so I actually have some discretionary cash this time around.

That said, if they have it out in print by then, I do plan to pick up a copy of Runner Havens for Shadowrun, but beyond that it'll be impulse buys, and at least when it comes to myself, I'm hardly a spendthrift.

Hopefully I'll escape without too much damage done.

Treebore

First Post
If I end up going? $500.00. Thats to cover food for my daughter and I on top of purchases. Plus I am not above living off of bean burritos at the nearest Taco Bell, either.

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
5?! Dude that's more than any of the Scarred Lands books I have. :p :) At most I have like 2 of each.

And you call yourself a fan?? :p I have so many so my players won't have to buy it if they don't want to. I encourage them to buy it, but I hate for people to feel forced to buy an RPG book that could have limited use.

shaylon

First Post
Crothian said:
And you call yourself a fan?? :p I have so many so my players won't have to buy it if they don't want to. I encourage them to buy it, but I hate for people to feel forced to buy an RPG book that could have limited use.

So is this some obscure veiled hint that we will be playing a TW game next? :p

I'll play it, hell I will buy my own book, right after I get that sweet Ptolus map from FDP.

-Shay

Remove ads