How much of your work-day is actually spent working?

Xath

Moder-gator
Crothian said:
Wow, called out by Xath. :cool: I start work around 6-7am if not earlier, I usually don't start posting till afternoon. I get in a good 5 hours of solid work in before hitting the boards. :p

That's...impressive. What do you do that requires your presence at 6am?

....I'm going to have to start threads in the morning and time how long it takes Crothian to respond...

Crothian

First Post
Xath said:
That's...impressive. What do you do that requires your presence at 6am?

Paper work...I work in a banking office and I look over different reports and applications and I can do that with out need of other people being around. But other people usually start coming in as earlty as 7am themselves so its not like I'm alone is a huge building.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Good week: 4/5.
Average week: 3/5.
Bad week: I don't have bad weeks.

I figure I give the company about three SOLID days of work each week, the rest is spent doing silly work-related stuff (following up on stuff, chasing people down and making them do what they said they'd do, meetings that are only partially productive, filling out Notes database forms to request / report / requisition stuff, source code documentation, experimenting with new products / libraries / tools, etc.) AND non-work-related stuff (checking email and surfing the 'net, including EN World).

-- N

Oh, anywhere from 35-85% of my day is actual work, depending how busy the library is and how many projects I have going on. But I spend alot of time either sitting at a public service desk or loading builds and software onto PCs at my desk, so I can spend a good amount of time posting while still doing work. I often ahve 2 or 3 PCs up and running at any given time, so my personal machine ends up being an email/ENWorld/music box while I work on the others. Of course, there are some days where I have no other projects going on, so those tend to be on the less productive end of the scale, where I'm physically cleaning dust out of PCs and straightening up my workspace, those days I post and surf a heck of a lot more. And there are the few (thankfully) days a year where we are loading builds onto the public PCs in all 14 libraries, and I'm not at my desk all day for several days in a row. Those days it's 100% work.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Anywhere from 0-25%. A day has 24 hours, and being that my workplace is just to the right of my bed, theres no traffic wait. On a day where inspiration and the will to write is plentiful, I can put in about 6 out of 24 hours into any personal d20 projects I'm working on.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
All of it besides my 30 mins break. I don't get the luxury you guys have of being able to check Enworld/my email during work. Our comp isn't hooked up to the 'net and probably only has a 14.4k modem in it like the old one did... :confused:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
whatever time i'm not spending on the internet, or working on things offline like Creature Catalog conversions. ;)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Depends. Things have been really light, with no real emergencies or stupid stuff. The thing I thought I'd be spending time on this week was cancelled by the stupid Asst director so I haven't been motivated to go find something to do. Right now, something like 80% of my time is just me posting, reading posts, reading abt comics, doing some game writing, etc. Next week it might be 100%; either way - you never know.

Reprisal

First Post
Contract work is superior in this way, I don't have to worry about "work days." I only have to worry about getting the project finished. :D

I still work for a respectable majority of the time, however. (In support of this statement, I also state that I still buy music CDs.)

- Rep.

Remove ads