D&D 5E How much should my party pay for a WereTiger Merc?

Stalker0

Legend
So here's the situation. My players (5 5th level characters, going on a mostly one shot adventure to try out 5th edition), have just gone through a kobold tunnel, and kicked some butt.

They were fighting a WereTiger merc, and as the other kobolds fled, it was now the Tiger versus the party. The bard pulls out a large sack of coin and offers to pay the Tiger to join them. With an excellent persuasion roll (and the party's use of some silver and magic weapons), the Tiger agreed, and we stopped there for the session.

So now I'm pondering how much would the WereTiger charge. Its immunity to non-magic weapons could be a major major advantage in the upcoming adventure, so what would be a reasonable fee to charge?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
1640892909780.png

:D

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Actually I think the group's magical weapons should mysteriously vanish in the middle of the night. Then the weretiger can wait until the party is badly hurt and renegotiate the deal. The PCs now work for the weretiger! :p
Do you know that scenario has happened numerous times in my own games? -- albeit not with a weretiger, but still. :)

Remove ads