• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to make your donation!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Old One said:
(1) You should have said something earlier, ya crazy limey ;)!

(2) Let's make it an annual event/charity auction/whatever to make sure the ENworld coffers stay funded as required.

I agree with both of Old One's points (Nice to see you back BTW), we definitely need to do this semi-regularly and make sure that (as is addressed in point one) Russ doesn't start acting the Martyr again:)

Seriously Russ, ask for help a little sooner next time.

Taluron

I've been around since this was Eric Noah's 3ed rumor board. High time to support it. 35 through ERP.

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
wolff96 said:
...We love this site (obviously) and it should never be such a burden to you personally. This isn't your albatross -- it's the playground of all of us. Just let us know when you need a hand...

That says it a little better :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
I have 13 more donations sitting in my mailbox right now. Will get to add them up/do record-keeping this afternoon.

And I now see 17 MORE donations on top of those -- so a total of 30 donations I have yet to enter!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Mark said:
This is absolutely stellar!

Now we'll be able to afford a really expensive, gold or silver, Hong-beatin' stick!

Man, wouldn't it be great to have official Hong-Beating sticks?

We've spent so long just "making do" with whatever was at hand:)

paranoid

A little donation from distant germany.
This place is just awesome, keep it going!

-p.

community fan and long-time lurker since Eric Noah's 3ed news.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
qstor said:
Glad you made it out of debt!

I like the idea of a chat "a thon" fund raising event. Maybe in 6months we could get Monte Cook or Richard Baker or someone to help raise some money again, once you guys figure out whats going to be done to cover the hosting fees and the techincal issues...

Ask Gary Gygax, he's always been good about hosting EN World stuff (The first ENnie awards pop to mind.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Right now I'm just giving raw numbers. They'll be a bit less once all the accounting is settled, as we have to pay 3% merchant fees and $0.30 per transaction. And we have to count all the donations as income since EN World/Morrus isn't a non-profit so we'll have to pay taxes on it....
Joe, I'm curious about the taxes. Couldn't you just give it all to Morrus, call him a contributor who ownes 100% or the royalties or something, and write the whole thing off, not having the pay a thing?

Really, just curious. I'm not up on my tax code. You certainly need to make sure you're not left owing the gov't anything out of your own pocket after the huge help you were. Thanks again for that!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads