D&D 5E How to play DnD 5e for Free

ccs

41st lv DM
How to play D&D for free:

Idea #1: You accept a thumb drive from your buddy & don't ask or wonder how he filled it.

Idea #2: It's Dec.18th as I type this. In 7 days there this major holiday where people exchange gifts. You drop hints that you need books xyz + dice. Or a gift card to some store/site that sells such things....

ccs

41st lv DM
Ok. I avoid anything made there. If there is no alternative from somewhere else, I won't buy that item at all, unless there is no choice and I have to, or if I cannot find out where something was made. That includes dice, gaming books, clothes, toys, food.
That sounds like a full time job in & of itself.

jasper

Rotten DM
How to play D&D for free:

Idea #1: You accept a thumb drive from your buddy & don't ask or wonder how he filled it.

Idea #2: It's Dec.18th as I type this. In 7 days there this major holiday where people exchange gifts. You drop hints that you need books xyz + dice. Or a gift card to some store/site that sells such things....
Too simple. Plastic surgery to look like the E.G.G. Fake passport. Fake Driver's License. Tell everyone you meet you fake your dead to get away from fans but really need to game and work on the real Castle Grayhawk.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Like most, Alberta is in lockdown phase 2 :(, and I had played around with Roll20 earlier but just didn't get it (not the most tech savvy person).

I've played around a little bit with Astral (looks great but fiddly). Fantasy Grounds is out as using work laptop and can't download anything to it without getting into 8 kinds of trouble.

Then I found Shard Tabletop Great stuff! I picked up the basics pretty quick, and am even playing around with adding races, monsters etc.

It's pretty intuitive, and response on Discord has been great when I have questions. I put up a map, invited some players, added some monsters and was up and playing within an hour! Lots of free maps, some adventures, stuff being added several times a week.

It's my understanding going to be a Kickstarter in January. Been tempted a few times to back projects, this one for sure!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases