How will your gaming-purchase habits change in 2019?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Dragoncon swag $8.02
Dragon Con Cash $185.00
Dragon Con frame $13.16
Dragon*Con food $34.00
Dragon*Con Store 2019 mem $95.00
Dragon*Con card food $8.00
Dragon*Con ebooks $41.00
Dragon*Con room payment $400.00
Dragon*Con dry cleaning $29.00
Dragoncon dinner & stuff $79.00
Does not include gas as the deal was I leave house with a full tank and on way back the passengers fill the tank. So say $30 in gas because The Altanta airport is only 2 hours 20 from my front door (ask me how I know.) And I was not paying attention to drive time once I hit Atlanta proper.

Gothca, all in makes sense. For all in that's not to bad. Less expensive than many vacations.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

For me, I suspect I'll be spending a LOT less. Last year I probably spent about $4k on grabbing all the old, out of print games I either always wanted, or lost somewhere between turning 10 and turning 48. ;) So now the bulk of my "expensive out-of-print RPGs" are out of the way, I'm pretty much done. I suspect I'll be spending most money on multiple copies of core rule books for various games we play (ex; my last purchase was 3 softback core DCC RPG books; before that, 3 more Dominion Rules RPG books, before that, 2 of each the Masterbook Core and Masterbook Companion books, before that was probably half-dozen Dungeon World core rules books, etc...).

I've been spending more on Video Games lately (redonkulous gaming computer + BOSE Headphones + 65" QLED TV will do that... :) ).

What am I looking forward too, rpg wise? I want to find out more info about the new Alternity version as well as just what the heck is going on with the reboot of Star Frontiers. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Few purchases, more selling of things I no longer use or have never used even as reference.

What are some things you never have used, even as reference? Most things I have not used are adventures I don't have time to get to but at least have enjoyed browsing, and hope to someday run, and board games. Board games are where I'm guiltiest of buying and not playing. It's hard at this time of my lift to regularly get 3 or more adult gamers together, outside of my regular D&D games.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I plan to purchase official 5E products, but I won't be budgeting money for the adventures anymore.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything has proven useful just about every time I sit down to create content for the DMs Guild. Likewise Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

The published adventures have been helpful as formatting and style guides, but they don't deliver to me the value that the sourcebooks do.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A lack of disposable income prevented me from buying anything other than the Pathfinder Beta material this year. That was $75. I hope to exceed that in 2019. Probably will be plastic minis or some of the card minis Paizo has.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
What are some things you never have used, even as reference?

A fair number of adventures that seemed like they'd be fun to run, but I never offered, or by the time I remembered we were already on D&D 3.0. "Middle" World of Darkness stuff, I like that Changeling: The Lost is closer to changeling stories, and I like that Changing Breeds made it so you didn't need endless splatbooks for other were-creatures. Even the core book had potential, and I actually wanted to run some games. TimeLords . . . a book it took me a long time to buy, and I even bought CORPS to hopefully run it, but the only thing I keep that has potential is "Time travel is necessarily also probability travel". If you travel back in time X years, but don't take into account where Earth was back then it's a one way trip to your death.

As a teenager, and hack and slasher at the time, I liked the concept of Dark Sun. I have run using that setting, but it's not where my interests lie anymore.

No more D&D products, unless an official Eberron is released. My group has fallen in love with Conan 2d20 so I am already getting all the books (from KS).

Cutting off KS as way too many long delays on products that end up being crap. Those that aren't crap, took too long and I've moved on from interest. Moria (C7) or Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 are the only KS I will look out for if 2019.

No more Gen Con, too big and crazy and other reasons.

Greg K

Legend
Yes, my purchasing is going to change. I have pretty much decided that I am done with D&D for a while. I am not going to invest any further in D&D other than picking up Fiendish Codex I and Insults and Injuries for 3e at some point.

Instead, I plan to focus on some other systems and, fill in supplements. I pretty much have my list of future purchases figured out.

The two games on my definite list are Cortex Prime and Savage Worlds Adventurer Edition.

At some point, I would also like to pick up the following games: Barbarians of Lemuria: Legends of Steel Edition (actually, I suppose that it should be Legends of Steel (BoL edition), Everwhen, Honor and Intrigue, BESM, Hollow Earth Expedition, League of Cthulhu, Mythic d6, and Pip System. I am also thinking of purchasing Ninja Crusade 2e, Trail of Cthulhu, Bubblegumshoe, and both Conan and Star Trek from Modiphius. However, I will, probably, have to wait for a good sale or Bundle of Holding for most of these games (and I know that I missed a few of these games on Bundle earlier this year, because of finances).

After, Cortex Prime, and Savage Worlds Adventurer's Edition, I will, probably, just focus on filling in wants for games that I own:
Bash UE: Awesome Powers 6,8,12
DC Heroes: World at War (print)
Icons Assembled Edition: Adversaries, Origins
Buffy: Magic Box (print)
Firefly: Smuggler's Guide to the Rim, Things Don't Go Smooth
Savage Worlds: Flash Gordon (print), Solomon Kane, All For One, Buccaneer, Gaslight, Sherwood: Legend of Robin Hood

The rest of my wants include some other third party Savage Worlds supplements, two or three 80's-90's rpgs and a few odds and ends for various other systems.

Last edited:

Remove ads