D&D General How Would You Describe Your D&D Group

Group #1: Half are optimizers and play the same characters each time, no matter the campaign. The other half are a mix of RP'ers and explorers. Averages about six players. A fun group with a great DM that is imaginative. It is very open ended. The only drawback is we have yet to finish a campaign because his creation mode is so hyper, that it wanders to other places before our story is completed. This group is on hold at the moment as some of us have moved, and, you know, life. (av. age: 30)

Group #2: Large. Averages eight players and a DM. All casual and in it for the fun. We are running Tomb, and just having a enjoyable time. (This group was an old group that moved away from each other. But Covid brought us back together online. One of the few good things Covid has done ;) ) (av. age: 35)

Group #3: Large. Eight players and a DM. The DM is solid and does his own world designs. A bit more railroady than Group #1, but he follows a few mantras that make it really enjoyable: we level each session, we finish the story lines, and then start a new campaign. Fun campaigns and pretty casual players (except for two that optimize everything). I moved so this group is no longer. But I am happy that I got to play with them for three years and three campaigns. (av. age: 38-40)

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
Homebrew Friday. Murderhobos over our heads and DM is having learning problems of making us take notes.
Saturday Adventure League wanting to get as close to homebrew. Two shut ins are happy just to be out the house. Two I want to be evil but not lose my pc.
Tuesday, New people learning AL and D&D which meets biweekly.

thomkt

Explorer
Unfortunately inactive right now.

We had been playing on a VTT, but when everyone is a adult with children, it's hard to meet. We've been talking about instead of doing a campaign style game, running one (or two) shots. It would give more people a chance to DM and let us explore lots of systems.

Group 1. Relatively young gamers. Former students of mine and friends. Average age about 37, with the baby being 32 years old (6' 6", 300 pound baby... ;) ). Low level because of recent TPK and covid... Dragon Heist about to get in the last phase. Will switch to DotMM relatively soon.
6 players strong.

2nd group
Old timers. 49 years old on average. They've been playing together for 33+ years (three have been with me for 37 years...). Currently level 17 and doing The Deep. A homebrew dungeon crawl.

3rd group, Friday night magic. Frequency once a month. Always doing one shot, one session adventures written for the occasion. It is a mix a many players. It is mainly a platform to highlight rules and how to adjudicating them. Often nice debates at the end. Less of a role play and more of simulations but some adventures are specifically aimed at no fights. Resorting to skill and skill challenges to role play their way out of bad situations.

Shiroiken

Legend
I have an odd 7 person group who play into two games on alternating weeks. I DM a Saltmarsh game while the other DM is running Avernus. We also have 3 other DMs in the group, which allows the regular DMs to take sabbaticals between campaigns, as well as run one-shots when the regular DMs can't. Our group is generally a mature group who while not powergamers in the traditional sense, we know the rules well enough to make solid characters. There's one player who always seeks an advantage, but otherwise we're consistent in reminding the DM of obvious mistakes even if they hurt us. A lot of us build detailed characters to try and interact with the setting and campaign (one player likes to integrate her characters with another PC). Interestingly we tend to attach ourselves to NPCs, caring for them as if they were part of the group.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
A bunch of besotted lushes around a table with a very gamest approach to classic hack and slash D&D. Not totally casual but nobody but one or two players is messing with D&D stuff when we aren't at the table. All of us have known each other for 20+ years and half have gamed together on and off since the early-mid 80's.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases