D&D 5E How Would You Do This Concept?

I’d stat it as a creature, its an unusual construct or a plant. You’d also need to given it some way of sensing both aerial and marine targets - could be some kind of light sensitive trigger thats not quite vision

For its reproduction, maybe they only throw seeds once a century and the seeds need very specific factors to germinate - perhaps the ground needs to be deep in highly sulphuric ash?
Or burned by the very thing it kills, dragon breath. ;)

NotAYakk

Legend
It reproduces by its munitions impaling a dragon and germinating from its corpse. The elemental energy of the dragon is consumed in order to produce the magic required for one of these to exist.

This was highly practical at the time; the more dragons you fight, the more guns you get!

Now there are fewer dragons around for some reason. Maybe too many guns.

Zardnaar

Legend
Or, did they not tell the critter that they don't intend to allow it to reproduce?

If it finds out about that, should not the thing turn upon them? How about we let those ships through... and bombard whatever you're trying to protect!

Possibly yes. I didn't put to much thought into it. I didn't write out a script or anything. Plot hook last week was go get prism flower, return it to Sasserine.

I didn't put a huge amount of finer details or thought beyond that.

I got the basic idea off this.

18:26 has one charging and firing. Well 8 seconds before that as well.

Basically seems to be a radiant lightning bolt effect.

You fly around in a Nazca line skyship and get shot down by the flowers.

The guardians have some but OCs don't know that. As far as they know they've found the last one.

Last edited:

Remove ads