Hs anyone ever made an Animal Companion character sheet?

JesterPoet

First Post
diaglo said:
yes, one is available with the new Deluxe sheets from WotC. ;)

edit: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/885950000

Hmmmm, perhaps a rephrase is in order. Has anyone made any free-domain character sheets for animal companions that I can legally download from somewhere? Otherwise I guess I'll just use a regular character sheet, but it'd be nice if someone else has done the legwork already.

;)

EDIT
Geez... they're charging for a pack of character sheets and they can't even come up with original cover art that they haven't recycled from somewhere else?

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
Just make a glorified stat block on a separate sheet of paper but with as much added detail as you want... that's what I do. Maybe save a "blank" one as a template to either edit and print or just print out and use as a handout to write on/fill in.

Or take a regular character sheet and just use the relavent blanks/spaces.

(Yes, I understand you're asking if someone else has already done this and has that blank template already available... but for this, there aren't that many working parts to worry about .... no spells, scant equipment, etc.)

Torak Stoneweaver

First Post
Animal Companion / Familliar / Wild Cohort Sheet

JesterPoet said:
Is there a sheet floating around out there for animal companions and familiars? It'd make my life easier.
Please find below the form I use for Animal Companions / Familliars and Wild Cohorts. Took me a while to come up with the sheets I found worked the best.

Torak Stoneweaver

Attachments

• CRS 3.5 v4 - Animal.doc
    103 KB · Views: 2,419

Kriv

First Post
Here's a 4e companion sheet I made

View attachment Companion Character Sheet Form v4.pdf

Made this after reading DMG2. Seems like companions never get a power they can use more than 3 times per encounter hence only three used checkboxes per power. Regarding Action box, the letters are Free, Minor,moVe,Standard. Type is At-will,Encounter,Daily.

Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in the power descriptions before printing. You can rotate the page 180 degrees first to fill in the bottom half. The reason the bottom half is upside down is so when you print with .25" margins all around you get a bit of extra white space at the top of the sheet for writing in the companion's name. Cut on the dotted line. Half-sheet companion sheets take up less space on the gaming table.

Make sure when you print the PDF with Acrobat that you change Page Scaling to None in the Print dialog otherwise Acrobat will add even more margin around the sheet which makes the print smaller.

Suggestions for improvements welcome!

DumbPaladin

First Post
Instead of an actual character sheet, I simply laid out all of my companion's stats in a format similar to the one found in the Monster Manual -- stats, special attacks, special qualities, and a line for each and every unique power and/or special attack. It comes out to about 2/3rds of a page long, but I never have to wonder what my little helper can do.

Greylock

First Post
I do it all the time. I use Heroforge for it. You can do it on your character sheet file if you are using older versions of Heroforge, or use later stand-alones sheets. This is for 3.5 of course, since that's what I play. You didn't mention which game you're playing unless I missed it. If you're playing 4.x, nevermind me.

Remove ads