• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HTML Question

Starman

Adventurer
Does anyone know of a way to convert material to HTML? I would like to scan some of my books into my computer to use at the game table, but I would like to do it in HTML so I could add links to pages from the index and such or even add links to some of my house rules and home brew stuff.

I know that I can convert them to pdf's with Adobe but like I said I would like to be able to add links.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Starman

Jay Lofstead

First Post
I think you could build in an index in PDF files (I know that it is possible as I have used documents that work like that). To get it all the way to HTML, you would need some scan->text OCR software. Not easy in either case.

MuleAvatar

First Post
You could go to http://download.com and search for text2html. They have some freeware programs that will convert text to html. I don't know how well they work since I never used any of them.

Also you could use Word to convert by using a save as *.html.

digitaldark

First Post
Search for a WYSIWYG HTML Editor...it would allow you to copy and paste it into a html page with ease....there are numerous free ones out there... myself, I use Dreamweaver MX for all of my html (and web design) needs...

or like was said above...MS Word can convert word documents into html as well (which would be the easiest method)

If you wanted, I could probably help you out some if its just a few things you need converted

Last edited:

Baron Von StarBlade

It depends, are your scans going to be in PDF Format? If so Acrobat has a utility to convert PDF's into HTML. If you don't have Acrobat you can download some freeware http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/ from here to do it for you.
If you are getting straight text documents, just open them up in Microsoft Word and you should be able to export it into HTML from there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads