• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Humanoid race with a Str bonus

Jin_Kataki

First Post
I think Stonechilds are something like LA +8 or something where you actually have to take levels in being a Stonechild before you can take a class level. If by cute you mean you just don't want the CHA penalty then you can't rreally go wrong with the Goliath.

Tetsubo

First Post
I wrote this up after being dissatisfied with the Half-Giant. I visualize them as very Norse. They do have a Cha penalty though.

I've never been happy with the Half-Giant as presented. It only has a +2 Strength and that just doesn't feel like a Half-GIANT to me. Here is a tweak I'm thinking of using. Do you think it is balanced as a +1 LA race? I thought of adding in a +1 attack and damage bonus for spears as a cultural theme, but it might be too much.

* +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Half-giants are tough and strong, but not too bright, nimble or socially adept.
* Giant: Half-giants are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, half-giants have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Half-giant base land speed is 30 feet.
* Low-Light Vision: A half-giant can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Half-Giants may use their Strength bonus in place of their Charisma bonus for the use of the Intimidate skill.
* Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-giants lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.

Whenever a half-giant is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-giant is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him.

A half-giant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
* Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Goblin, Orc.
* Favored Class: Barbarian.
* Level Adjustment: +1.

irdeggman

First Post
Half-giants (per Exp Psi) aren't "humanoids" they are "type: giant", goliaths on the other hand are monsrtous humanoids.

This is very significant when it comes to spells.

PwrMnky

First Post
stone

Eh ... I say go half-orc.

There are a couple picture of half orcs looking cool. I remember one of two half orcs having a brawl in a tavern and they're breaking a table. It's in one of the books.

I say, make your own race. Amazon. Make it a female from an island of all females. And she is part of a warrior race.

... just like Wonder Woman.

Remove ads