Pathfinder 2E Humble RPG Bundle: Pathfinder Second Edition Strength of Thousands by Paizo

Bundle link

Embark on a Pathfinder adventure​

Gear up your tabletop role-playing party for a journey down the Strength of Thousands Adventure Path with this Pathfinder 2E bundle from Paizo! Delve deep into the rules of engagement and character creation with the Pathfinder Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse, Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide, and Pathfinder Lost Omens Character Guide. Explore a magic school like no other in the six-part Strength of Thousands campaign, discover the Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse setting, and get tomes and resources to take on countless adventures to come. Plus, your purchase helps support ComicBooks for Kids!

Also included are a bunch of Flip Maps and Flat Maps for use across various adventures and more than likely useful for Strength of Thousands; and a bunch of Pathfinder Society Scenarios to be used as individual adventures or extra quests; and a GM screen and fancy Player sheets.

These are all PDFs.

Pretty good way to get you and anyone else into Pathfinder 2e honestly. Strenght of Thousands is very highly rated, and while more complicated than other Adventure Paths, it still seems like a great introduction.

Well, yeah. I wouldn't keep trying it if I didn't like parts of the system.
It works great on Foundry. The system is well balanced. I like the world and adventures. There's great support online.
It's just too darn challenging as written. I can't keep from killing every character who comes into a game.
Any chance you true starting them at level 2 and keeping them a level ahead? I agree the math in that game sooo tight. And not always in a good way. There’s very little give. If that makes sense.

Retreater

Legend
Any chance you true starting them at level 2 and keeping them a level ahead? I agree the math in that game sooo tight. And not always in a good way. There’s very little give. If that makes sense.
Unfortunately, my three groups who were trying it all rage quit their respective campaigns before we could implement any suggestions.
I was talking to a friend of mine today who is playing Strength of Thousands and recently lost his character, even though the GM was running them a level higher and is notoriously easier than I am. Just critically failed a poison save and instant death in an encounter intended for 1st level.

willrali

Explorer
Yeah quite a few of my players’ characters have died through mishaps, foolhardiness, or bad luck. Fortunately that bothers us not at all. We’re big on stakes and consequences.

(Though I’m also free and easy with hero points and they’re used a lot for rerolls where bad rolls would ruin the fun.)

Unfortunately, my three groups who were trying it all rage quit their respective campaigns before we could implement any suggestions.
I was talking to a friend of mine today who is playing Strength of Thousands and recently lost his character, even though the GM was running them a level higher and is notoriously easier than I am. Just critically failed a poison save and instant death in an encounter intended for 1st level.
How are Hero Points being awarded and spent? When I ran PF2 I found my players saving at least one Hero Point to avoid dying. That may in part because we also play Savage World and I'm kinda stingy with the bennies (not purposefully I just forget to award them), and you need the Bennies for Soak rolls.

My experience is that is that it's easy to drop a PC, in many ways I think that's normal for the game, but hard to actually kill them. It's been said before in several places including here at ENWorld, that the game expects you to be at or near full health before the next encounter.

Regarding Hero Point, because we do play Savage Worlds and my sessions tend to be run in 3-4 hour chunks I typically hand out all the Hero Points for the night up front and let the players manage it as a resource. It gives them options and lets them be as risky or risk-averse as they like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases