D&D General Hunt for old D&D magazine

SilverCatClaw

Villager
Hey! This is a long shot seeing as I know next to nothing about this magazine, but I'm hoping to find it as a gift for my dad. He used to play D&D when he was younger and he told me about this oneshot he saw in a magazine.
Basically, there's this town of lycanthropes who are pretending to be human. Despite this, there are rumors about them being lycanthropes, so the mayor hires the party to investigate said rumors as a way to dispell them. While the party is doing this, the town is attempting to hide their true identities from the pcs.
I don't know the name of this magazine or the date published, though my dad was born in 1975, so probably before then.
I know this likely won't amount to anything, but I'm quite desperate. Any help or suggestions where I could find this magazine is appreciated!

Update:
The adventure has been found, thank you everyone so much for your help! I'll be giving issue #14 to my dad. Again, I really appreciate this, thank you!

Last edited:

Hey! This is a long shot seeing as I know next to nothing about this magazine, but I'm hoping to find it as a gift for my dad. He used to play D&D when he was younger and he told me about this oneshot he saw in a magazine.
Basically, there's this town of lycanthropes who are pretending to be human. Despite this, there are rumors about them being lycanthropes, so the mayor hires the party to investigate said rumors as a way to dispell them. While the party is doing this, the town is attempting to hide their true identities from the pcs.
I don't know the name of this magazine or the date published, though my dad was born in 1975, so probably before then.
I know this likely won't amount to anything, but I'm quite desperate. Any help or suggestions where I could find this magazine is appreciated!
Well D&D was first published in 1974 and the Dragon magazine (where I’m guessing this might have been published) was first used on 1976. So I’m guessing not before 1975 as you supposed.

Summing @M.T. Black as he is the resident Dragon expert

Not particularly familiar with it, so I can't say how comprehensive a resource it is, but you might try delving into Adventure Lookup to see if you can hunt it down.

SilverCatClaw

Villager
Not particularly familiar with it, so I can't say how comprehensive a resource it is, but you might try delving into Adventure Lookup to see if you can hunt it down.

I'll check that out, thank you!

SilverCatClaw

Villager
I got more information! It was 2nd Edition and definitely in Dungeon magazine between the late 80s and early 90s.

Quickleaf

Legend
It's really hard to say. But there's a Dungeon #88 Dungeon #14 (corrected by coyote6) (1988) adventure called The Wererats of Relfren that kinda has this premise iirc. I don't think it's the whole town, and it's specifically wererats.

Last edited:

Remove ads