Hybrid Assassin...

Rhanta

First Post
I'm planning to make an Assassin hybrid...do you have any suggestions to what class an Assassin should be paired with (for the hybrid)?

o.o

Why are you planning to make an assassin hybrid? Because it sounds cool or because it fits the concept? (The assassin isn't a very well designed class).

the Jester

Legend
Rogue seems like an obvious choice, but it depends on what flavor you want and what stat(s) you're emphasizing.

Ignoring mechanical considerations, I like the idea of an assassin/sorcerer or assassin/avenger.

Dausuul

Legend
Rogue seems like an obvious choice, but it depends on what flavor you want and what stat(s) you're emphasizing.

Ignoring mechanical considerations, I like the idea of an assassin/sorcerer or assassin/avenger.

Stat-wise, an assassin/sorc (Dex and Cha) should work very well. Drow or halfling would be the obvious race picks. You'd be highly versatile, able to switch off easily between melee and ranged damage, and lots of evasive capability.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
My books are in my car ATM but isn't avenger wisdom and dexterity?

If so, you could prolly do a good avenger/rogue hybrid if you focused on ways to get combat advantage when you're the only character adjacent to an enemy. (Isn't there a thief stance that does essentially that? If we get hybrid rules for Essentials subclasses...)

Rhanta

First Post
Why are you planning to make an assassin hybrid? Because it sounds cool or because it fits the concept? (The assassin isn't a very well designed class).

Err...both? XD Since the assassin isn't a very well designed class, I want to experiment with it. haha XD

I'm emphasizing on being able to concentrate as a Striker but switch to a Controller when needed. XD I think an Assassin-Avenger Hybrid is cool. I also like the Assassin-Sorcerer idea.

Stat-wise, an assassin/sorc (Dex and Cha) should work very well. Drow or halfling would be the obvious race picks. You'd be highly versatile, able to switch off easily between melee and ranged damage, and lots of evasive capability.

Whoa, cool. I'll try and consider this if ever I make an assassin/sorc.

If so, you could prolly do a good avenger/rogue hybrid if you focused on ways to get combat advantage when you're the only character adjacent to an enemy. (Isn't there a thief stance that does essentially that? If we get hybrid rules for Essentials subclasses...)

Yep, but I really want to try out Assassin class. XD Still, I may be able to try Avenger-Rogue next time.

If, in case, I'll choose Assassin/Avenger, is it right if I focus on Dexterity, then Wisdom and then Con? o_O

igniz13

First Post
-edit didn't realise you'd responded.

The Assassin has some strong points as a Controller on it's own. In other cases, hybrid probably isn't your best bet anyway.

I'd just go for an Assassin and just MC into something else.

Half-Elf Assassin/Invoker, Dex, Wis and Con. Use the updated Helf to Boost Con and Wis, get Dilletante's as Invoker power.

There's a good PP to get which works with Con and Lightning Damage which would be great for you.

You can build up shrouds on a target whilst nuking things with your powers from a safe distance and then Focus fire on a target.

Last edited:

Remove ads