• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid Dwarf/Giant ..... has this been done before?

Tuzenbach

First Post
I'm thinking of a being that has the height of a human, but is proportionately as broad as dwarf. Do these exist?

Thank You!!!

Last edited:

Tuzenbach

First Post
OK. I did a little research. I didn't know about the "Goliath" race from 3.5E & onwards. That shows how out of the loop I am.....

Cleon

Legend
I'm thinking of a being that has the height of a human, but is proportionately as broad as dwarf. Do these exist?

There's a "dwarf giant" called Olgaf in the 2E AD&D Hollow World Campaign Set with the proportions you describe.

However, he's a cross between a Frost Giant with some form of dwarfism and a Human, so neither parent was of the Dwarf race.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In a 1e game I played in a long, long time ago, we had a dwarf character who, through a potion miscibility problem, had a permanent size-change to being 6' tall.

Dave R

First Post
Sounds like a wizard did it. The next question is why the wizard did it. Bodyguards? Unstoppable army of world conquest? To show those fools at the academy it could be done? Making a sweetheart racial template for his next character? (The last is PC-only.)

Tuzenbach

First Post
Sounds like a wizard did it. The next question is why the wizard did it. Bodyguards? Unstoppable army of world conquest? To show those fools at the academy it could be done? Making a sweetheart racial template for his next character? (The last is PC-only.)

Correct on all counts!!!! :D

Remove ads