D&D (2024) Hypothetical Direction Shift For 1D&D/6E

Sacrosanct

Legend
I think they ar going back to the drawing board and compatibility is out the window. They’ve shown they really really want their IP, so we’ll see a system that is more unique than we’ve seen in the play test I don’t know what exactly that looks like. Major changes in alignment, race (species) and TT mechanics that are going to be rooted from VTT mechanics. VTT is their focus, I believe, so they will design mechanics that a computer can take advantage of.

Scribe

Legend
Finally dropping vancian magic would be a thing to do, too.
Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Do whatever the current batch of traditional ttRPG DnD players seem to want from the playtest using the 5.1 SRD as a base, and throw a heck of a ttRPG DnD party in 2024. Put good people on it and presumably continue dominating the ttRPG market.

Meanwhile have a group with a focus on the bigger markets, and look around for IP they have that isn't in the 1.0a or CC-BY. Maybe an edition of the game that was ahead of it's time in terms of what the software was ready for... and use that for the basis of the online systems and AI aided play, etc... and go for the big $ with things based on the GSL.

SAGA v2, perhaps with a mix of dice and cards, as opposed to just cards. Have archetypes rather than classes, wounds that reduce effectiveness instead of going from “I’m fighting!” to “I’m dead!”.

One can dream.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
They could just take tge open gaming content from A5E LevelUP and design around it. Would save them time to playtest and it would make @Micah Sweet happy. ;)
And it would be a good game.

I am not sure if Morrus would be pleased though...
That would make me happy. The more 6e looks like Level Up, the more likely I would buy something from them to add to my Level Up game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases