I clearly lack Skill Training: Wiki

Tomalak

First Post
I cannot for the life of me navigate the wiki. So I'm asking for help.
I'm looking for custom setting elements in L4W, specifically locations, races, deities, and the relations between any/all of the above.

I'm familiar with the basic articles linked to by the character creation files.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

covaithe

Explorer
Our wiki is in something of a state. Between 1) being in a hurry to get started, last year, and 2) periodic bouts of unusable slowness, and 3) a barely-started transition to a new wiki system, there's not much organization there.

I can help with some negatives: As far as I know, there are no custom races in L4W. All of our races are straight out of WotC books.

We toyed with the idea that certain races (usually) come from certain regions, e.g. eladrin from the Imperium, genasi from Kingdom of Jade etc, but that has mostly fallen to the wayside and been forgotten. No harm done, really. Thus, there's not much link between races and locations.

As far as I know, there's no link at all between deities and locations, or deities and races.

Tomalak

First Post
I was recently advised to check the wiki for shadar-kai, particularly their relationship to the gods.

As to custom material, I was more looking for the custom 'fluff', the setting material regarding what has already been explained in L4W. I'd like to take some element (if it still exists) that hasn't been tweaked for this setting, and make it interesting. It sounds like I'll have to search every location, adventure, and character sheet individually to discover what areas have been described. I just wish I knew enough about webpages & such to help put what I find on the wiki. Is there a guide or something that would show me how to help with it?

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
I don't recall anything seeing much at all about shadar-kai in the wiki (except for that small blurb on the races page which I linked above) Anybody else recall anything more?

In theory, DMs and players should be adding to the wiki as they invent and fill in details during adventures and character creation. Sometimes they even actually do! :) But it's tough, there's such a volume of material being created during play, it's just never all going to make it into the wiki.

That being said, please do edit the wiki to reflect whatever you do come up with for shadar-kai! Also if you make a thread to discuss it, I'm sure folks will be happy to kick around shadar-kai ideas with you.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
L4W:The Twelve Gods - ENWiki

The gods can be found there. The relationship between the shadra-kai and Peresefa can be found on the races page under shadar-kai as well as under Peresefa's page, accessible by clicking her name.

THe fact that some gods now have pages is not clear. THis is my fault as I started adding them recenlty but havn't had time to make one for each god (mainly because I don't have decent content for each god yet) or make things uniform.

Tomalak

First Post
I'd like to help, if possible. I don't know anything about programming or coding, but I'm real good at making stuff up ;)

Remove ads