• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) I Counted Every Spell

Faolyn

(she/her)
Do you think it that powerful? I went with level 3 because it felt halfway between fog cloud and cloudkill. It doesn't do any damage. It's a Constitution save, so levels of strife won't put further saves from the spell at disadvantage. I can't imagine any low Constitution PC sticking around in the area of effect for more than a few rounds. It does prevent most ranged atttacks, so i think it would function as an area denial effect against casters and rogues.
Strife can add up pretty quickly, and you have the spell lasting for 10 minutes. Maybe instead of changing the level you can change the duration to Con, 1 min?

I would like to say: I -deeply- appreciate how thorough and invested you are being in your categorization and collation of information, Xiphumor.

Between this and the archetypes you've provided some -amazing- tools for Narrators, Homebrewers, and Freelancers submitting to EN Publishing to fill in gaps and make things more interesting for various concepts.

Well done!
I agree. We need to fill in the gaps if we want more thematic archetypes. Ex. Elementalist Wizards, Herald of Light, Herald of Darkness, etc. :)

One step ahead of you! Open the spreadsheet and navigate to the Spells_per_Level tab
Okay. :) I saw what you meant about there being no 3rd-level Enchantment spells. Did you use the spell search engine on A5e Tools to look up the number of spells per school, class and spell descriptor? curious

A5e needs more air, earth, fire and water spells. :p

xiphumor

Legend
Okay. :) I saw what you meant about there being no 3rd-level Enchantment spells. Did you use the spell search engine on A5e Tools to look up the number of spells per school, class and spell descriptor? curious

A5e needs more air, earth, fire and water spells. :p
I general, yes. Obviously, the recent addition of Concentration had to be done manually, but the rest was a copy-and-paste job and a couple of formulas to sort everything. If you know of any inaccuracies, please tell me.

Remove ads