I didn't like Bluffside. But I didn't read it, either!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well Kap, I'm glad you found something you like AND I know I like Spells and Spellcraft. Course I feel you're missing out on some GOOD cities in Freeport and Bluffside...but that's just me. If you're happy, guess that's all that really matters.

btw, I have to say congrats to writers, editors and all the guys at Thunderhead Games. You guys rock! :)

thg jim

First Post
Kaptain_Kantrip said:

The "create/buy a slave" and "create/rent a whore" tables from City-State of the Invincible Overlord

Ok, now that is something we can agree on. I loved the City State of the Invincible Overlord. I know I ran parties in it as early as 1982 or so and loved it. On one night of Dungeons and Drunkards (as we called it), the party started out in the city, left through the gates near the graveyard (as I remember), and ended up in Camelot! Fun for all.

Jim Govreau
COO Thunderhead Games, Inc.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Actually I liked the cover for Bluffside, made the city look like it belonged in a fantasy setting. In fact, it's my favorite cover for a city book so far (perhaps I'll like the Windhaven cover better when that makes it out). Just shows to go ya about art.

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
2WS-Steve, you have that right. When I first saw the image for the cover, WOW. Like a plastic jug of gasoline onto the fires of my imagination. What an amazing looking place! And as soon as I find a copy, that book is mine, not just because of a pretty cover (though it is appreciated) but the content also sounds great.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
We all have made some good points here and I hope we can agree to disagree. It warms my heart knowing that the one thing we can all agree on is the inclusion of a "create/rent a whore" in every gaming supplement from now on. City-State forever! :D

Good luck to THG and all its writers (etc.); I know you put a lot of hard work into Bluffside. It clearly shows in the level of detail seen in the finished product.

Just because I didn't buy Interludes or Bluffside, doesn't mean I won't take a look at (maybe even read!) your future products... I look at everything new each week, no matter who its from, or whether I liked their products in the past or not. You can never tell when something will surprise you. :)

Frex: I really was disappointed in Skraag: City of the Orcs (Worst. City. Ever.) by Wil Upchurch, and then I turn around and buy Spells & Spellcraft by FFG, and find out he's the main guy at FFG... LOL. You just never know!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well some times we all have different strengths, and I think this is ONE of Wil's better areas in any case. :) I'm glad you like it.

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Nightfall said:
btw, I have to say congrats to writers, editors and all the guys at Thunderhead Games. You guys rock! :)

Group Hug! Group Hug! ...
... and you can come in to Kaptain if you like.. :)

Seriously though as you say everyone has thier own opinion, Bluffside didn't push your buttons the same way it has for others.. but wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone liked the same things... One mans butter is another mans jellyfish... or something like that.......

Remove ads