I don't seem to earn GP

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I've had 1 GP forever, despite having gained a few levels in XP and made a number of posts on featured articles where the
gp.png
symbol was visible. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I've inadvertently disabled? Or is something broken?

EDIT: Of course, now, suddenly, I have 2 GP. Sigh. Still wondering why I don't have more, though.

Last edited:

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
That's not what the FAQ says, although that is probably why I have the 2 GP I have -- I've created exactly two threads.

FAQ said:
GPs, or Gold Pieces, are an artificial currency used to purchase badges. You can obtain GPs either by buying them for real money or by earning them through various actions on EN World.

Actions which earn GP are noted by a small
gp.png
icon. You will see these icons around EN World; they may change from time to time. Typically, things like replying to news articles or starting new threads earn GP.

Additionally, you gain 1 GP for every Experience Point you earn.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/faq.php?faq=badges#faq_gps#ixzz2fkK4OssR

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Huh, just saw this:

Most Gold Pieces
Morrus----------1,716
darjr------------54
Creighton-------48
RangerWickett--41
koesherbacon---41
JZavoda--------39
Bullgrit----------38
dmccoy1693----34
Mark CMG-------33
Grumpy RPG Reviews---31

I think someone is broken!

I, of course, only have 1gp, so I am nowhere near the top ten.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I found this thread while looking for something else. I'm in the top 10 for gold pieces? I don't even know what they are, here. Funny.

Bullgrit

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a setting on the boards which allows users to charge Gold to download their attachments. I wonder if that's something that some folks might enjoy?

Remove ads