D&D 5E I dream of... What?

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Genies who can't grant whishes aren't Genies, IMO. I guess that's what happens when you call everything a 'monster'. You lose sight of what makes them what they are. Comments?

Remathilis

Legend
Genies who can't grant whishes aren't Genies, IMO. I guess that's what happens when you call everything a 'monster'. You lose sight of what makes them what they are. Comments?

Page 144. "Only the most potent genies, such as those among the nobility, can do so. A particular genie that has this power can grant one to three wishes to a creature that isn't a genie."

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Page 144. "Only the most potent genies, such as those among the nobility, can do so. A particular genie that has this power can grant one to three wishes to a creature that isn't a genie."

Same as in 1e IIRC. Standard djinn couldn't grant wishes, but noble ones could three times to its master before being freed from service.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I don't know how many of those little variant boxes are in there, but they seem to add a lot with very efficient use of text!

Of course I really like that they give stats for her, probably my favorite easter egg so far:

easleycloseup.JPG

Remove ads