• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

i found neat combo i wonder if it works?

holywhitetrash

First Post
so you take the feat spring step (phb3 p183)=you can shift a square as a free action when you stand up

you get the greaves of fortunate falling (av2 p59) Property: When you're knocked prone (including when you
unconscious). you can fall into any unoccupied adjacent
space Instead of your current space. Being prune does not
grant enemies combat advantage.

and the skill power agile recovery (phb3 p164) at-will:stand up as a minor action

so you free action fall prone,the greaves let you fall prone in an adjacent square,
minor action stand up spring step lets you shift a square,
free action fall prone in any adjacent place since you don't grant combat advantage and you get a bonus against ranged attacks.

insert a move action and attack action anywhere you want.

so does that work i how i think it does?
thanks for any responses :cool:

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Dropping prone is a minor action, not a free - PH p. 277 under "Prone" - thinking that its a free is actually a pretty common mistake.

Additionally, one could argue that "dropping prone" is not the same thing as "being knocked prone" and therefore wouldn't trigger the Greave's benefit.

Last edited:

Thatwackyned

First Post
Dropping prone is a minor action, not a free - PH p. 277 under "Prone" - thinking that its a free is actually a pretty common mistake.

Additionally, one could argue that "dropping prone" is not the same thing as "being knocked prone" and therefore wouldn't trigger the Greave's benefit.

I agree.

In Boxing, falling is completely different than being knocked down.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Well, the Greaves specifically give you a benefit when "knocked prone". Going prone voluntarily involves "dropping prone". Are those the same thing? Maybe.

Now, if the Greaves were worded so as to read "whenever the character becomes prone", then they would clearly apply. At the moment it is arguable.

Remove ads