I have DMGII and Revenge of the Giants

AllisterH

First Post
You know what...Here's my general question after you finish reading the entire book.

How useful is this book to you think to a new DM who started with the 4e DMG?

How useful is this book to you think to a DM who started DMing in previous editions but is a 4e DM now?

Hawke

Explorer
Can we please make sure to Spoiler-tag the stuff from the adventure? I typically DM and want to get the juice on the DMG2, but one of my players has shown interest in DMing revenge of the giants, so I want to try to avoid anything that'd give me an unfair advantage.

What would you see is the biggest surprise in the DMG2 after hearing some of the details in the exceprts and whatnot?

Holy Bovine

First Post
I am very interested in the Revenge of the Giants adventure - how much is it hack n' slash vs. RP? Good NPCs? Roleplay encounters? Also what is the largest fight in the adventure just going by number of creatures?

winndwalker

Explorer
I'm thinking of running Revenge of the Giants in my current campaign, but I don't want to take my party out of the setting I've established (kind of a Waterdeep-esque city). I've been following the previews and I believe that the party headquarters is some kind of forgotten headquarters in the mountains.

My question is this: at first glance does it seem like it would difficult to run the adventure with a full, established city as the home base for the adventure, or is the forgotten bastion a key component in the adventure?

Any highlights of locales, cool battles, etc. you're willing to give will be much appreciated.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I was just reading the thread about templates, so what templates are available in the DMG2. Also, what artifacts besides the Rod of Seven Parts appears? Finally, how is Sigil depicted?

Remove ads