I have Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons

PoeticJustice

First Post
I picked it up a few days ago and am very happy with the quality of this book.

Some Highlights
--Copper and Bronze dragons are statted out
--A new type, Mithral, is introduced; its weakest iteration is a level 11, and its highest is level 31

Feel free to ask any questions about it.

Starsunder

Explorer
What are some of Bahamuts general abilities? Aura? Damaging abilities?

What level does the orium dragon end up at?

Whats the highest level famous dragon other than Bahamut?

SpydersWebbing

First Post
I wanna hear more about these Mithral dragons. What's their breath weapon? What do they do that's different?

And why the heck are they level 31?

PoeticJustice

First Post
Bahamut has two forms. The first is a Fizban-esque old man with incredible buff powers (at-will two targets gain +10 attack, damage, and skill checks) and the ability to summon Gold Dragons. The second form is a relatively straightforward dragon. The only thing that sets Bahamut apart from other dragons is that he has 3 distinct breath weapons, including my favorite, disintegration breath.

Orium dragons start at level 8 and top out at level 28.

The highest level famous dragon in the book, not counting Bahamut, is Valamaradace, of Forgotten Realms Fame, a level 30 ancient gold dragon. Also appearing is Silvara, from Dragonlance, a level 24 Elder Silver.

Mithral dragons are inhabitants of the Astral Sea and act as agents of the Gods. They breathe streams of blinding radiant energy and possess prophetic powers. They can see into the future and incorporate teleportation into many of their attacks.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I would like to hear about the fluff of the draconians, in particular as monsters for a generic world and not specifically Dragonlance. What relation, if any, do they have with dragonborn?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks! :cool:

PoeticJustice

First Post
Disappointingly, Draconians are not given the amount of attention they ought.

The book basically maintains the standard origin without referencing Dragonlance material: Draconians are created by messing with Metallic Dragon eggs. The monsters themselves look really cool, particularly the Aurak.

No connection between Draconians and the Dragonborn is drawn.

PoeticJustice

First Post
Surprisingly, the book does contain new Kobolds. These kobolds serve metallics rather than chromatics, and as such are sort of an odd lot. There are 4 pages of new kobold monsters in the book.

Remove ads