I have Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons

Klaus

First Post
Surprisingly, the book does contain new Kobolds. These kobolds serve metallics rather than chromatics, and as such are sort of an odd lot. There are 4 pages of new kobold monsters in the book.
Tell me more about them kobolds!

Anything dragonborn-oriented in the book?

Derren

Hero
Any good metallic dragons in there or are they just unaligned monsters to kill?

Have at least the famous metallic dragons from earlier editions kept their alignment or where they also made more slayable?

I also have heard a rumour that there will be Draconians for the new metallics in the book. True or is it limited to the original 5?

According to the book, how are metallics actually different than chromatics, both statistically (WotC said previously they wanted those dragons to play differently) and by behaviour?

DragonFan

First Post
Are there any differences between the Bronze dragons from earlier additions and the one in this book?

What are Cobalt dragons like?

Any more info on Adamantine Dragons?

Klaus

First Post
Today's preview is the Orium dragon, and I must say, it looks a LOT like a dragonborn!

excerpts_1102a.jpg

Last edited:

yesnomu

First Post
That Orium dragon is badass. I like how it gets a minion buddy that the PCs don't want to kill--and then gets a second when it gets bloodied! Maybe I'll have my PCs stumble on an excavation soon...

kilamanjaro

First Post
Tell me more about them kobolds!

Anything dragonborn-oriented in the book?

Nothing on dragonborn.
We have dragonkin kobolds -
Channeler - lots of attacks based on the dragon they serve breath weapon
Zealot - ninja kobold, also with some attacks based on master's breath weapon
Champion - brute version of the above
We have Wyrmguard kobolds -
Sentinel - soldier kobold
Scout - artillary
and finally
Three-Tooth - Kobold legendary hero

kilamanjaro

First Post
Any good metallic dragons in there or are they just unaligned monsters to kill?

Have at least the famous metallic dragons from earlier editions kept their alignment or where they also made more slayable?

I also have heard a rumour that there will be Draconians for the new metallics in the book. True or is it limited to the original 5?

According to the book, how are metallics actually different than chromatics, both statistically (WotC said previously they wanted those dragons to play differently) and by behaviour?

Silver and Gold dragons are often good. Bahamut is lawful good. Silvara is good. I haven't read all of the lairs but there is at least one with a good silver dragon guarding some divine mead.

I think the list of draconians was already spoiled
Adamaaz = Adamantine
Aurak = Gold
Baaz = Brass
Bozak = Bronze
Ferak = Iron
Kapak = Copper
Kobaaz = Cobalt
Sivak = Silver

Metallic dragons use the new (MM2) solo rules (there are also rules to turn them into elites instead). Metallic dragons are less predatory than chromatics but more domineering.

Remove ads