I hold in my hand the 3.5 books!

I just recieved my 3.5 books today by mail. I'll be taking the remainder of the day off from work so as to peruse through the pages and prepare my Saturday night campaign.

As you can see, I live in the US, and I didn't recieve them from Amazon or Walmart... Signed copies of each book from the contributers.

If anyone has any rules questions that need answering, please post here.

Dungeon Master & Mrs. Dungeon Master

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Cool. Wish I had mine.

I do have a question.

In the 3.0 DMG, starvation and adverse weather conditions dealt sudduel damage. Is this still the case or do they use something more sensible?

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Mrs. Dungeon Master said:
I'll be taking the remainder of the day off from work so as to peruse through the pages and prepare my Saturday night campaign.

Wow, I just noticed this part of your post, that's over the top!

Blasphemonkey

First Post
Okay, hand `em over!

Dear Mrs. Dungeon Master,
I know you only bought those books for poor Blasphemonkey, your very favorite fiendish dire monkey, complete with inverted cross. The best thing to do now is to stop the denial process and mail the books to me straight away. Kicking, screaming, and carrying on will do nobody any good. It's best to get it over with and then begin your healing process. Contact me privately and I'll tell you where to mail them. Same day priority shipping, please...with insurance. Don't forget to enclose a nice bunch of bananas with the books. They have to be fiendish dire bananas, I'm very choosey. A Curious George t-shirt would also be nice. Not to worry, I can airbrush the horns onto his head by myself. Thank you so much, and fiendish monkey blessings (which are in fact blaphemies I suppose) from your oh-so favorite monkey.

Fiendishly yours,

Blasphemonkey

Dimwhit

Explorer
I'll post my question here, since I haven't seen it answered in detail yet. It's about Wildshape, which now works at Polymorph. Druids don't get EX abilities, correct? So looking at the MM animal entries, does that mean no pounce, rake, blindsight (bat), scent, etc? Are there exceptions? Are those abilities no longer EX but a "natural ability?" Any clarity on this would be appreciated. Feel free to be as detailed as you want. :)

And thanks for taking the time.

youspoonybard

First Post
It's not that Druid's don't get EX abilities, they just don't get all of them.

Rake = Good
Scent = Bad.

Check the MM "Special Attacks - Special Qualities" distinction in the stat blocks. That should be a good guideline as to whether they get the ability or not.

Remove ads