I host a tabletop gaming advice podcast, and I need YOUR questions!

UltimaGabe

First Post
Hello! I host a podcast called Inter-Party Conflict where we discuss listener-submitted questions about D&D and other tabletop games. We answer questions about gaming etiquette, build ideas, rules judgments, and anything related to being a better player or DM. As you might expect, we're always in need of questions! Questions can be long, short, funny, serious, specific, or general. We love anything that generates some good discussion about what makes a game fun or how to get the most out of your tabletop games.

So please, if you have any questions you'd like for us to discuss on-air, either reply here or e-mail us at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!

Calithorne

Explorer
My friends call me a "munchkin" because I like to kill, steal, search every room top to bottom for secret doors and hidden panels, and take every last bit of treasure rather than leave it behind for someone else to grab. They consider that an insult, but I don't see the problem. Isn't that the way to win the game?

Calithorne

Explorer
Technically speaking, yes you can. This isn't even limited to RPGs, either- try it with family and friends and see what happens!

OK, I was being a dick. But here's the thing, if you're doing a podcast you've got to be careful. You can't tell someone to commit murder in RL, even if everyone knows you're joking. There's just a one in a million chance that one of your listeners will take you up on it, actually murder someone, and then you're open for a lawsuit.

raleel

Explorer
Hello! I host a podcast called Inter-Party Conflict where we discuss listener-submitted questions about D&D and other tabletop games. We answer questions about gaming etiquette, build ideas, rules judgments, and anything related to being a better player or DM. As you might expect, we're always in need of questions! Questions can be long, short, funny, serious, specific, or general. We love anything that generates some good discussion about what makes a game fun or how to get the most out of your tabletop games.

So please, if you have any questions you'd like for us to discuss on-air, either reply here or e-mail us at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!

How do you make a dynamic combat encounter?
Illusions - how do they work?, and where are they useful?
How do I deal with players who appear to only want to win?
How important is session 0 for a campaign?
How do I figure out what sort of character works for me?

UltimaGabe

First Post
You can't tell someone to commit murder in RL, even if everyone knows you're joking. There's just a one in a million chance that one of your listeners will take you up on it, actually murder someone, and then you're open for a lawsuit.

If that were the case, every comedian everywhere would be in lawsuits every day. When something is obviously a joke you can't be held responsible for a maniac taking a joke literally.

Remove ads