I host a tabletop gaming advice podcast, and I need YOUR questions!

UltimaGabe

First Post
Hello! I'm one of the hosts of Inter-Party Conflict, a podcast where we discuss listener-submitted questions about tabletop games like D&D. We answer questions about gaming etiquette, how to get the most out of your game, ideas for character builds, and so on.

So, do any of you have any questions or topics you'd like us to discuss on the podcast? Have you had any rules disputes you want someone else to weigh in on? Is there a player that keeps butting heads with the DM and you want to know how to deal with them? Do you have a really cool idea for a character or campaign but just not quite sure how to work it in? We discuss questions for players and DMs alike, and try to help everyone have the best game they can.

Pass your problems on to us, and we'll have some fun sorting them out! Either reply here with any questions you want us to discuss, or e-mail us at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com.

Thanks, and happy gaming!

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Question 1) Did you mean intra-party conflict? Because there's a common solution for inter-party conflict: kill them.

Question 2) It's not easy to find an online group of people who show up on time to online games. Any advice?

pogre

Legend
Related to DMMike's question:
1. How do you find players for f2f games? I used to have a lot of success posting in forums, but these days that does not seem as successful.

UltimaGabe

First Post
Question 1) Did you mean intra-party conflict? Because there's a common solution for inter-party conflict: kill them.

You know, this is pretty embarassing- we've been doing this for eight months and only this week did it occur to me that we might be using the wrong terminology. (Not only did you point it out, but someone on Reddit did too.) That being said, I've heard player-to-player issues being referred to as inter-party conflict from multiple sources (and in fact I chose the name for the podcast from a direct quote from someone who called it that) so I don't think I'll be renaming it anytime soon, even if it's incorrect.

Question 2) It's not easy to find an online group of people who show up on time to online games. Any advice?

We actually just talked about methods of finding a gaming group a few weeks ago (Episode 26) and we briefly touched on online games through methods like Roll20 and Play By Post; as far as finding ones that show up on time, that seems to be something endemic to gamers as a whole (myself included, don't get me wrong). If you want I can add that specific issue to the list and we can try and get some discussion out of it!

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
How to make 5e's Surprise rules work. In what ways are they different from the 4e Surprise Round? Better / worse? Easier / harder?

Of course: how an Assassin can take advantage of these rules to enable his class features to work well.

Plus advice or techniques on setting up an ambush, so the PCs can get Surprise on every NPC on the map.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
How do you talk players into trying out an RPG they haven't played before?

And related:
How do you break the old habits that players get from other roleplaying games? Like when a long-time D&D player doesn't remember that he can reject the GM intrusions in Numenera?

Remove ads