I killed a Kobold. Killed him dead.

Droid101

First Post
I had a moment like that last week!

I was a paladin of the God of the Sun. I use a flail and sheild. Big bad evil sasquatch barbarian charges me! (I'm only 2nd level, eep!)

So, I drop my sheild, and two-hand power attack smite the evildoer! And score a critical hit!!!! And rolled max damage!!!!!

I did 38 damage on that hit. Pretty hefty. Dented his skull in pretty good. :)

Capellan

Explorer
Len said:
From the title, I was expecting a reprise of the Sunless Citadel - "This time we took care of Meepo the right way." :]

Got ya covered, there. :)

As for the daze thing, that's one that we messed up for a good long time in one of our campaigns ... it was around the time we extended dazed a griffin that we started thinking "something's not right here" :)

Last edited:

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Back in 1st edition, my third character ever, rolled a natural 20 with a lance and killed a giant frog in his first combat and his first attack roll.

It was great! No longer was he merely Sir William Marcus Du'Blade, of the Du'blade Du'blades...he was Sir William Marcus Du'blade, the Frogslayer!

Patman21967 said:
The closest I ever came to that was....I was a 3rd level sorcerer, the rest of the party was down and out...and I critted the Ettin with a xbow, since I was out of juice, and took it down....it was way cool....no fudging either....
Y'know, I read that as "I critted the ettin with an xbox and I was really wondering what game you were playing... :heh:

JoeGKushner

First Post
One of the things I always enjoyed about lower level adventurers is that it's easier to keep track of things and to challenge the players without slaughtering them. As you continue to gain levels, defense means less and less as AC's top off quickly and monster's damage increases to keep pace with players using greatswords and power attack. Probably one of the reasons why most of my campaigns fade away at the 8th-10th level range.

derelictjay

Explorer
First time playing D&D in over a year. My character (started at 2nd level, and is a half-orc ranger), is facing off agaisnt a dumbed down ankeg, and royally getting whooped (thanks to rolling a 1 on my spot check and a 2 on my listen). My partners are ineffectual. My character swings with his mighty handaxe, 20 on the to hit, 19 on the confermation....and 1 on the damage roll, with my strength thats a grand total of 9 damage. Next round my character dies. Me, I don't care I'm just happy to be playing again. I really do love this game.

Remove ads