D&D 4E I know exactly what 4e needs -- Mr. T!

KoshPWNZYou

First Post
Ranger REG said:
P.S. I am so disappointed in Mr. T and the Shat (William Shatner). :(

Aww, don't be angry at them. Priceline only pays for so many Crispy Cremes. And to quote Mr. T in the old TV Funhouse skit -- 'I need WORK!'

My brainstorming has hit a period of light drizzle. Someone else write one. :p

ogre

First Post
Surely we can do better than a bunch of has-been male actors. What D&D needs is a few famous hotties in chainmail bikinis!
Angelia, in a "Laura Croft" outfit, posing as a Rogue! woot!

The Little Raven

First Post
Two can play this game...

Ranger REG said:
Had they been spokesperson for Guild Wars, I would have let them slide. :]

Well, maybe they have standards. After all, I wouldn't want to be caught promoting a substandard game like Guild Wars.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Patton Oswalt? He's done a lot of spoofing LARPs on Reno 911- he'd be perfect!

Brian Posehn has done some nice lampooning of RPG play, especially on the Sarah Silverman Show.

In both cases, its done with love.
Not if you hire cheap. Get Gary Coleman to talk about his halfling character.

He could tie it in with his Cashcall commercials, asking to get money since he can't afford the Core 3 books!

I reckon Ozzy Osbourne would be a good choice - I can see him talking about his bat eating warlock then complaining about the dog :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: on his character sheet!

"Bubbles? Bubbles? Shaaaaaaron! I'm the Lord of :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: Darkness and you let your new dog Bubbles crap on my Warlock! Buuuuubbleeesssss! ""

Orius

Adventurer
I can see Mr T. playing WoW -- he probably has plenty of time on his hands these days anyway. :] And though I hate WoW, the night elf mohawk on that tiger looked a little badass.

Shatner's a different story. Isn't he still in some regular TV role or something?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Orius said:
Shatner's a different story. Isn't he still in some regular TV role or something?
Well, it's not like he goes back to his coffin after putting a 10-hour work day. Why? Are typical MMORPGers unemployed? Is pay-2-play a wise thing to spend on them unemployment checks?

:]

The Little Raven

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Well, it's not like he goes back to his coffin after putting a 10-hour work day. Why? Are typical MMORPGers unemployed? Is pay-2-play a wise thing to spend on them unemployment checks?

:mad:

Somebody's off the fruitcake list this Christmas.

ivocaliban

First Post
Ranger REG said:
But I must. They're promoting the very thing I hate most: pay-2-play MMORPG.

Had they been spokesperson for Guild Wars, I would have let them slide. :]

I'm sure Shatner would be happy to be a spokesperson for Guild Wars if asked. Heck, he'd probably be the spokesman for Ultima Online if they wrote him a check. But the pay-2-play folks have all the money...from those paying-2-play folks.

Orius

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:

With all the alleged grinding to get to level 70, they'd almost have to be. :]

Maybe Shatner's just a noob with a level 30 shaman or something. :p

RigaMortus2

First Post
Ranger REG said:
"There's a sucker born every minutes."

And yes, I do mean MMORPGers. :]

P.S. I am so disappointed in Mr. T and the Shat (William Shatner). :(

Is it really necessary to insult people who enjoy a different form of entertainment than you? Some of those people who post here on this very board? Is it possible some people could like both D&D and MMORPGs?

If you don't like pay-2-play games, then don't (and you obviously don't). Why the need to insult others?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
RigaMortus2 said:
Is it really necessary to insult people who enjoy a different form of entertainment than you? Some of those people who post here on this very board? Is it possible some people could like both D&D and MMORPGs?

If you don't like pay-2-play games, then don't (and you obviously don't). Why the need to insult others?

I think you make an excellent point, RigaMortus2. And I'm not just saying that because I just got done playing my 40 Human Paladin with the same buddies that I'll be sitting around playing Eberron with on Monday night.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4