D&D General I know it's not Christmas yet, but this D&D advent calendar...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
... looks pretty cool!

(Edit - looks like it might be a scam or something)

b6ab7276be1e36ac.jpg

MarkB

Legend
The price isn't even too bad for what's in it, though hopefully it'll be available from UK retailers too.

EDIT: On closer examination, this looks rather dodgy, though.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Isn't that dragon-type monster on the poster something from Monster Hunter, not D&D? Something seems a little off about this to me. I'm thinking this is not an officially licensed product, but I could be wrong.

It really is a great deal if all those miniatures are included, but I can't really tell from the website.

EDIT: After looking at the main image a little closer, there is a lot of photoshop working going on there. It is not a bunch of minis on a desk and in the advent box like it looks like at first glance. They are mostly images pasted together I am pretty sure.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Isn't that dragon-type monster on the poster something from Monster Hunter, not D&D? Something seems a little off about this to me. I'm thinking this is not an officially licensed product, but I could be wrong.

It really is a great deal if all those miniatures are included, but I can't really tell from the website.

EDIT: After looking at the main image a little closer, there is a lot of photoshop working going on there. It is not a bunch of minis on a desk and in the advent box like it looks like at first glance. They are mostly images pasted together I am pretty sure.
Yeah, if the scale of the box with the mini awkwardly photoshopped inside one opening is consistent, there's no way those Large or Huge size minis are going to fit in a similar sized space - so, since all the openings are the same size, what's going on here?

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that the art isn't just reproducing the image from the Players Handbook - it's a direct lift, including the text that appears at the bottom of the cover.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Yeah, if the scale of the box with the mini awkwardly photoshopped inside one opening is consistent, there's no way those Large or Huge size minis are going to fit in a similar sized space - so, since all the openings are the same size, what's going on here?
All the minis and dice are photoshopped I believe. I am 99% sure it is not licensed, yet has D&D plastered everywhere and I am definitely not sure what you will actually get if you buy this. Cool idea, but I would not risk my money on this.

Remove ads