D&D General I know it's not Christmas yet, but this D&D advent calendar...

jgsugden

Legend
This is almost assuredly a scam. I've seen about 30 different varieties of this calendar from "different" sites on my Facebook feed that are all copy and replace websites. The minis "in" them come from a variety of different sources, and most of them are far too big to fit in a calendar. They're there for minibricks/legos as well as D&D. If you look at what they promise on the site, it is a ridiculous value - and thus too good to be true.

Oofta

Legend
Obvious bad photoshop including reversed images, that's one wacky D20.

Untitled.png

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
The company's postal address is 221B Baker Street in London*.
That's... fishy!
:unsure:

* edit to add: That's what it says in the "CONTACT" section the bottom of the landing page. Click-thru on their "Contact Us" link and you get an address in Hong Kong.

Eis

Explorer
That's a really cool idea for a novelty die, though!

While this product is definitely a scam, it does look like something that would be fun to reproduce by hand for a D&D group or fan.
I wonder if you could get an advent calendar template and either customize it or have it custom printed with a D&D design. Then you could just fill the compartments yourself with minis, dice etc.

jgsugden

Legend
I wonder if you could get an advent calendar template and either customize it or have it custom printed with a D&D design. Then you could just fill the compartments yourself with minis, dice etc.
That is pretty simple. They sell 25 bin wooden shelves on Amazon for use in making Advent Calendars. Then you get "removable" printable labels and move it do what you want.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Didn't Holmes write the '77 basic rules? ;)

"Good heavens!" I exclaimed upon entering the chamber. The walls were scorched and blackened, and small puddles of water still dampened the floor. "It seems there was bonfire here, or something, and our uncanny quarry put it out in a hurry!"

"But," Holmes said quickly, "you have noticed the lack of ash, of course. There was no fuel to feed this fire. And with no hoses or buckets about to have carried water, the flames were certainly not extinguished by normal means."

"By jove, you're right! But what does it mean?"

Holmes took a puff from his pipe and smiled.

"Elementals, my dear Watson."

Last edited:

Remove ads