D&D General I know it's not Christmas yet, but this D&D advent calendar...

... looks pretty cool!

(Edit - looks like it might be a scam or something)

View attachment 142954
Be extremely careful where you buy this from, I bought this online (going for the Deluxe edition) for my little brother, only to now see I've probably been scammed. After purchasing the Advent, I received an email with my Order ID thanking me for my purchase, only I've heard nothing since and when I try connecting to the site I ordered from, the Tracking ID given etc, I just get Error Pages. I'm not so sorry about the money I've been tricked out of which does suck, I really want to get this for my brother but there are alot of sites offering it - be sensible, try buying it direct from D & D themselves.
... looks pretty cool!

(Edit - looks like it might be a scam or something)

View attachment 142954

dave2008

Legend
Be extremely careful where you buy this from, I bought this online (going for the Deluxe edition) for my little brother, only to now see I've probably been scammed. After purchasing the Advent, I received an email with my Order ID thanking me for my purchase, only I've heard nothing since and when I try connecting to the site I ordered from, the Tracking ID given etc, I just get Error Pages. I'm not so sorry about the money I've been tricked out of which does suck, I really want to get this for my brother but there are alot of sites offering it - be sensible, try buying it direct from D & D themselves.
You can not buy it directly from D&D as it is a scam. If you used a credit card to purchase this you may want to cancel that card. If you look at the thread you can see all the issues with this product.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
You can no but it directly from D&D as it is a scam. If you used a credit card to purchase this you may want to cancel that card. If you look at the thread you can see all the issues with this product.
Not only cancel the card, but also check your statement carefully and be prepared to dispute fraudulent charges. I'll bet you have some.

Its funny how many of us have this in our facebooks feeds. the ad must hop onto a site were are following (most likely d&D)

not all of these minis are wizkids? the female mage with the staff/colorful robes ( i have never seen her before)

Stormonu

Legend
What I find most interesting is that these “niche hobbies” like D&D & 40K have gotten popular enough that someone has taken an interest in mocking up a scam believable enough that fans could be fooled by it.

MarkB

Legend
What I find most interesting is that these “niche hobbies” like D&D & 40K have gotten popular enough that someone has taken an interest in mocking up a scam believable enough that fans could be fooled by it.
And very well calibrated to both cater to our tastes, and be just on the right side of "too good to be true" price-wise to be both enticing and barely plausible. They did their research.

aco175

Legend
Man, I would buy that for my son, but then I would have to drop $100 on my daughter for who knows what.

I would even buy one with chocolate Drizzt and Wulfgar.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases