D&D General I made a free Android app, Game Master Journal, that helps keep track of your NPCs, Cities, and Loot! I hope some of you find it useful!

RedheadDev

Villager
So for a while, I had been wanting a way to consolidate all the different things I wanted to keep track of when running my D&D games. None of the available notebooks and journals out there did exactly what I wanted, and I had been wanting to learn mobile development for a while, so I took it upon myself to create the tool that I wanted to use, and it's finally finished and available for whoever wants to use it.

The main things the Game Master Journal helps track are NPCs, cities, and loot. For NPCs, you can add races, descriptions, plot hooks, a reference image, and you can also upload a voice file, in case you use accents or speech patterns you want to remember months down the line when that NPC finally makes a return appearance. In addition, you can tie an NPC to a specific city, in order to filter out only the NPCs in certain cities.

For the loot, you can add prices, rarities, descriptions, and images. I've been using this page to basically store an entire list of different stuff to stock the various magic shops in my world.

For cities, you can add custom environments, economies, sizes, and additional notes. You can see a list of all NPCs associated with each City (With links to their individual NPC page). You can add travel times between different cities so you know how long your players will spend in transit, and you can also add individual locations/buildings/points of interest within each city.

All of this is offered for free on the Google Play store, and I also added support for French, Spanish, German, Russian, and Japanese languages. I hope some of you find good use for it!

Check out the app here!

keynup

Explorer
Looks nice at first glance.
Just a thought based on my personal style. I prefer doing stuff from my PC, but enjoy the convince of looking at stuff from phone. So if there was some way to say store the info (and access it) via something like a google drive doc/spreadsheet it would be awesome.

RedheadDev

Villager
Looks nice at first glance.
Just a thought based on my personal style. I prefer doing stuff from my PC, but enjoy the convince of looking at stuff from phone. So if there was some way to say store the info (and access it) via something like a google drive doc/spreadsheet it would be awesome.
I'm actually working on an update that should allow you to export data somehow, so that you'll be able to use and store the data elsewhere as well. Hopefully I should have that update live by the end of the week!

RedheadDev

Villager
I just released a new update that allows users to export their databases in CSV form! It also prompts you to send/share it, which means you can directly upload it to google drive, or whatever other service you'd like. Super handy in case you want to consolidate all the info you create in the app.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases