D&D 5E I Need Feywild and Shadowfell World Maps

KuruBoyaKalemi

First Post
TL;DR: How to find or draw complete detailed maps of shadowfell and feywild

Hi. I was searching for feywild maps but I couldn't understand what is the geography of feywild and shadowfell

I love world maps. Even if my game is about only small part of the world, I'd like to have general knowledge about this fictional world. For example my game can be in Icewind Dale. However, having knowledge about Al-qadim makes me feel more confident.

About feywild and shadowfell maps. First. We have Toril. It is a spherical planet. We have complete map of Toril.

Now since feywild and shadowfell is reflection of material plane. I would think that feywild and shadowfell have same maps with little differences. Is it logical to assume that they have same maps? They are even spherical planets? Or just endless planes.

However they are not reflection of only Toril. They are reflection of all material planes. In that case, they must have different maps than Toril? Like you fuse all maps of material planes and this is what you get for feywild and shadowfell? I think being reflection of all material planes would make these two planes infinite

Also there are domains of dread and domains of delight. Where would put these domains if you would draw a world map?

There is a new book coming to D&D about feywild but they will just add one domain I think.

If there is no official source. How would you make world maps of these two planes and domains?

Part of the nature of the Feywild is it's geography is constantly shifting.
Is it logical to assume that they have same maps
Noting about the feywild is logical. It is undoubtedly not a sphere (except occasionally, when it wants to be).
Also there are domains of dread and domains of delight. Where would put these domains if you would draw a world map?
In the mist.
How would you make world maps of these two planes and domains?
Places are connected by ideas and themes, not geography. If you want to find your way from A to B you need to focus on an idea associated with B.

Quickleaf

Legend
Most official sources you'll get are the map from 4e's Heroes of the Feywild, though based on what we've seen for Wild Beyond the Witchlight, they're abandoning that model in favor of a model more similar to the domains from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

There has never been an official map of the Shadowfell, though large maps were made of specific areas, like 4e's Gloomwrought. If I understand the presentation of the domains of dread in 5e, they are considered realms within the Shadowfell – so that book is another source for maps, though nothing cohesive/exhaustive/world map scale.

Last edited:

Iry

Hero
Both the Feywild and the Shadowfell are constantly shifting, with the Shadowfell specifically growing at an alarming rate.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Heroes of the Feywild, Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond and the Manual of the Planes (and The Plane Above/The Plane Below), all from 4e, had all maps for those planes. The Neverwinter Campaign setting also had the Shadowfell reflection of the city (Evernight).

I dont have much time, but a quick search on google showed some low rez caption of the books, at least.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
B506548B-B343-4196-ACC9-6B38109E95E2.jpeg

I thought the point was it could be whatever you wanted it to be

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We have a map of our brand new, fully-fleshed out domain of delight in our new book Feywild Companion.

Mod Note:
If you want to promote your work outside of the Promotions & Press forum, you'll have to speak with @Morrus first. It isn't appropriate for just anyone to do, and especially not the same thing across multiple threads.

jgsugden

Legend
The Feywild and Shadowfell are reflective planes - they reflect the Prime. You can use the same map, although you might want to rename some locations (Neverwinter becomes Evernight, etc...)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Another adventure to look at is 3e Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave which includes a trip to the Shadowfell "echo" of one part of the kingdom. The comparison between Material Plane and Shadow Plane will help you build your own maps.
But you will have to create your own maps; there isn't anything official out there (yet).

Remove ads