I need more planes!!!

Psion

Adventurer
Your best bet is to pick up the three PS pdf's for $15.00 (if you live in the US). That expands upon the outer planes. The MotP outer planes descriptions are basically a capsule version of the 3 PS boxed sets converted to 3e.

Oh, and for those "other deities" things, that refers mostly to the deities of nonhuman races (deities of the elves, dwarves, etc.) Most of them are in the current incarnation of the idea sponge that is FR, though they were originally Greyhawk / AD&D 1e and appreaed in the 1e Deities & Demigods and Unearhed Arcana (and dragon articles before that.)

Actually, now that I think of it, combined with the Hell articles someone else mentioned, you may find the Dragon anothology CD a good resource as well if you can get a hold of it. (Though much of the hell article was reproduced in the planes of law boxed set.)

Weylan

First Post
grodog said:
OK, here's a non-stop whirlwind tour, in no particular order:

• The Primal Order, the first book published by Wizards of the Coast
  • Chessboards: The Planes of Planes of Possibility by Dave Howell (the TPO multiverse-building book, and more useful to me than the 1e and 3e MotP combined [which isn't to say that they're bad books, because they're not])

I'm going to have to throw in with grodog here on The Primal Order. This series of books was freaking brilliant! If you can find them I highly reccommend picking them up.

grodog

Hero
Originally posted by Weylan
I'm going to have to throw in with grodog here on The Primal Order. This series of books was freaking brilliant! If you can find them I highly reccommend picking them up.

I concur, of course. I really like the toolkit nature of the TPO books, that show you how to bulid planes and systems of planes, and how they relate to one another vs. the Planescape or 1e MotP method of "this is how things are, cope."

The 3e MotP is a good toolkit too, but it just doesn't have the teeth that TPO has....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases