I saw this cool SF RPG on Kickstarter and now can't find it....

Tashtego

Explorer
I saw a cool RPG on one of Egg's kickstarter round-ups a while ago, but now I can't find it or remember the name.

Here's what I remember:
  • It was a science-fiction RPG.
  • It used a 1d20+add stuff core resolution mechanic, but wasn't d20 system (D&D-derived)
  • It was a dark, post-collapse setting
  • The premise involved people teleporting to strange locations and salvaging the items they found there
  • The designer said that there would be a metaplot or story about the setting unfolding across future supplements.
I don't think it was Mothership or anything connected to that.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Retreater

Legend
Was it Salvage Union? (I just went through some of Egg's more recent round-ups and saw that one looked similar.)
If not, maybe you could DM him or tag him in this thread to see if he remembers?

I saw a cool RPG on one of Egg's kickstarter round-ups a while ago, but now I can't find it or remember the name.

Here's what I remember:
  • It was a science-fiction RPG.
  • It used a 1d20+add stuff core resolution mechanic, but wasn't d20 system (D&D-derived)
  • It was a dark, post-collapse setting
  • The premise involved people teleporting to strange locations and salvaging the items they found there
  • The designer said that there would be a metaplot or story about the setting unfolding across future supplements.
I don't think it was Mothership or anything connected to that.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sounds like Across A Thousand Dead Worlds:

IMO the system seemed pretty thin and not terribly well thought out. I bet you'd be better off using the same premise but some version of Starforged for mechanics:

Tashtego

Explorer
Hmm, it's not Salvage Union.... I think it's Across a Thousand Dead Worlds! Yes it is!

Thanks for Retreater and Grendel—I'll check it out to see if it's as cool as my first impression! (The system looked okay to me to start with, but that's first impressions for you!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases