D&D 5E I spent the last three years writing a complete guide to the Known World for 5th edition. Now it's done.

The Glen

Legend
Love the art, fits Mystara very well!

You should make this free for everyone to download as a fan work. Me wants it. :D
If I had used clipart I could release it. But all the art in the book was custom commissions for the book. Wanted to get races and classes represented that were passed ovee in the original books.

The Glen

Legend
Printer set another 2 weeks we had some technical issues with the formatting. Have to get the print file absolutely perfect but it's just Minor Adjustments to the layout nothing about the content

The Glen

Legend
I can't sell anything mystara related until Wizards opens up the guild. I have to replace some art in the book to make it a little bit more uniform and that's going to take a month or two for the final version. I've been going on various podcast and streams talking about the book if I can show there's a market I'm hoping to open it up like they did with eberron

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't sell anything mystara related until Wizards opens up the guild. I have to replace some art in the book to make it a little bit more uniform and that's going to take a month or two for the final version. I've been going on various podcast and streams talking about the book if I can show there's a market I'm hoping to open it up like they did with eberron

They tend to open things up when they plan to use them themselves and want the DMsG people to make the supporting materials for them. I can't see them opening up Mystara.

The Glen

Legend
Still going to try. I don't do anything the nothing's going to happen. Maybe nothing happens if I do. There's been increased chatter because of ghosts of salt marsh and if I can get enough people talking about the setting and the right people talkin about it I might be able to show that it's a setting people want to spend money on. And money is the ultimate decision maker

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It's definitely worth a shot. The sales power of nostalgia can be huge, but it can also be hugely unpredictable. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

The Glen

Legend
As soon as I get the book I will put up an unboxing video. Or whatever the equivalent of an unboxing video is for a book. Before I was serious I was using whatever artists I could get, mainly because some of the artists pulled out for health reasons. But now they're healthy again and I really want the art to have a uniform look. That's going to be the final version. As far as getting it out, I'm playing by the rules of Awesome. If you make a product so good that it generates an audience, then the audience will demand to buy it. And it's free money for wizards.

Remove ads